Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Saitek - Reassigning the Prop Axis?

I'd like to use the Mode feature with my Saitek throttle to have a prop mode, and a jet mode, where the jet mode uses the blue prop lever (which it doesn't need) as a spoiler lever. Can this be done? I can se how to set up new Modes and change button assignments, but not how to change the axis assignment (this is using Saitek's programming software). 

I had to reread that... I'm guessing that the Saitek software (never used it myself) assigns FSX commands automatically to the axis based on the mode you're in??

I hate to echo a far too common refrain, but FSUIPC is really the holy grail of controller configuring.  Set any axis to pretty much anything you want (even a range of key commands based on position), and have it able to apply a whole different set of settings based on the particular aircraft you are flying.   It's the only thing that lets me use a yoke, 2 throttle quadrants, the saitek TPM, a trim wheel, a switch panel, and a x55 stick + throttle, and still manage to keep my sanity.

Sorry I can't help you specifically, and doubly sorry if my suggestion isn't welcome.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

No, it really is .... I am contemplating a second throttle quadrant, a second trim wheel, plus I have the yoke, switch panel, radio and multifunction panel... It probably is time to a accept that I need FSUIPC.

a second trim wheel

For rudder or aileron trim?  I'll be honest, the Saitek trim wheel is one of my least used items in my simpit.  The primary reason is that it's very unreliable when flying with an autopilot.  Every once in awhile, when the a/p has trimmed out the aircraft quite far from where your analog trim wheel is at, you disengage the a/p and... whoa large pitch up or down...  ^_^  Certain aircraft are worse than others in this respect.   The last time I used it with the Q400, for example, I disengaged the a/p while on a perfect glideslope, and then proceeded to go on a fun but unexpected rollercoaster ride!

However, for hand flying with no a/p, it's wonderful.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I use my trim wheel a huge amount and try not to use my ap much on the prop twins. The second trim wheel will be for rudder or aileron trim, some planes seem to need it, the default Baron and the Carenado Caravan for starters.

Plus ... I've just finished building a Piper Archer cockpit panel and it will fit in nicely!

FSUIPC is the first add-on anyone must get. You will see how easy and how much more it will do to enhance your controls etc.

+100 for FSUIPC. It is, without doubt, the best money you will ever spend for your flight simming. Yes, even better than PMDG.

You will wonder how you ever got on without it. I know I do.

Jazz

Thanks! I will look at buying it once my cockpit is completed (end of the week?)