Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

PMDG 777 Reverse thrust bug

Guys this is driving me crazy. I have spent days testing this. Cant find a solution.

Anyone seeing this too?

I posted two scenarios to youtube as a video makes it easy for you to see what I am describing.

I am only using a yoke/pedals for elevator/aileron/rudder/pedals (no issues here) all assigned as recommended through FSX.

Video 1: http://youtu.be/x4CUELiVYp8 On the ground. Reverse activated with one tap of F2 (resulting in idle) holding F2 results in gradual increase to full. All working as designed.

Video 2: http://youtu.be/cYSdpvuVeUI On approach, in this case autoland with auto throttle on, I have tested this with autoland, no autoland, auto throttle on, auto throttle off landing and auto throttle on landing and it is always the identical problem with reverse.

Notice on touchdown I have the following sequence of events.

1. A/T SPD ----> IDLE during flare (as designed)
2. Main landing gear touchdown
3. Flight idle begins transition to ground idle
4. I press F1 once or twice (to ensure idle) (the force A/T idle feature is enabled in the FMC) and then press F2 for reverse.
5. reversers unlock, briefly activate, and procede to unlock again on their own.
6. I press F2 again, reversers unlock, reversers activate and remain activated.

Leo Cal

I've noticed it myself and always thought it was just me, didn't say anything as I have an axis assigned to the reverse and found a way to work around it by slowly and deliberately moving the reverse axis on my throttle thereby sending a constant signal continually activating the reverser until it's at full travel. I notice if you wait till the nose gear touches down it words fine though.

Count me in. Might send a support ticket too.

When the mains touch, I can engage reverse by hitting f1 and then holding f2. But if I let go of f2 before the nose wheel touches, it goes back to idle. After nose wheel touches, I have to engage reverse again. This makes it impossible for me to use idle reverse after touch down since I have to hold f2 down from first touchdown, all the way to nose wheel touchdown, which gives me full reverse every time.

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

+1 I have had this 'problem' since release. Relatively annoying, but not a deal-breaker. Would be nice if it was fixed.

+1. I can chime in here with the same behavior noticed. The real plane can activate the reversers after speedbrakes have been deployed before the nosewheel touches the ground.

I also see this behaviour. It would be great if the OP or #sosuflyer could submit a ticket as this may be something related to the aircraft itself rather than a "user" error.  Hopefully PMDG will be able to replicate and then fix.

I also see this behaviour. It would be great if the OP or #sosuflyer could submit a ticket

If you see this issue than it be best if you submit  a support ticket than waiting  for some  one else,  since the more tickets submitted  the more chance  it will get fixed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It would be great if the OP or #sosuflyer could submit a ticket as this may be something related to the aircraft itself rather than a "user" error.  Hopefully PMDG will be able to replicate and then fix.

Everyone who sees the issue should submit a ticket if he or she wants to see a fix.  If you see it, and have repeatable steps, it's in your best interest to submit your own ticket.  Developers have a lot better success rates if they have more information at their hands.  More information usually comes from more reports.

All of you should submit tickets!

Kyle Rodgers

Once I get some computer time, I will submit a ticket. I'm still trying to find time to finish a KDFW-EGLL flight I started on the 19th! Lol. So busy lately.....

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

5. reversers unlock, briefly activate, and procede to unlock again on their own.

You mean reverser unlocks, briefly activates, and procedes to LOCK again on their own?

Yes, same problem here.....but I thought it was just me and my home made throttle.

This has been discussed before SP1 as well and it was supposed to get fixed in SP1 and SP1b.

I guess it was not fixed after all.

Rob Robson

Hi guys,

When I originally started this topic I had already been in touch with tech support (through a ticket) for a while.

A few days ago I thought to have finally figured it out, however I was mistaken. It seems that sometimes if u hold off just a second too engage reverse it will actually activate without locking again. However, this is very rare.

At this point I am 100% certain that there is some kind of a bug in the code related to either the air/ground logic or the flight idle/ground idle.

The fact that reverse is unlocking upon main gear touchdown, activating (briefly) and then locking again, indicates that there is something forcing it out of reverse initially.

the only condition that would cause this int the real aicraft is if the main gear leaves the ground again. (Forward thrust levers are locked while thrust revers levers are past the interlock position).

I would suggest that each of you submits a ticket so the team can fix this before Sp1c.

I have spent 2 weeks now trying to solve this issue and its driving me crazy. 

At least its clear now that this is something only PMDG can and will fix. 

Leo Cal

At this point I am 100% certain that there is some kind of a bug in the code related to either the air/ground logic or the flight idle/ground idle.

Correction to my original answer.

It worked perfectly well from me pre-SP1. Something has been done to the logic to try and correct the problems some people were seeing previously and now it is behaving worse and restowing reverse after touchdown in some conditions. I hadn't noticed this because I usually deploy reverse after the nosewheel is on ground.

Now I've checked on my sim and found that if you deploy reverse with the nosewheel off ground it will stow by itself as it switches from flight to ground idle. So it appears a new problem has been introduced by trying to fix an old problem some people had.

I'll report this to PMDG as well.

ki9cAAb.jpg

PMDG have replied to my ticket. They think they've identified the cause and it should be fixed in SP1c which is currently being tested.

ki9cAAb.jpg