Sign in to follow this  
G550flyer

777-300 autopilot not responding

Anyone else seeing this?

I was about to ask you if you hit the AP button in addition to MCP modes, but knowing you I doubt that's actually the problem.

Instead, what did the FMA say when this happened?  Were you using accel?  What weather programs (and so on)?

Kyle Rodgers

Greetings Kyle, I had been in a cruise for about 15 minutes. everything seemed normal until I selected heading mode. the FMA displayed alt hold, speed, and heading but the aircraft would not respond. I did have ASN and EZCA running. I tried reloading the aircraft and the screens went dark. At that point i switch to a 767 and finished the flight.  

I tried reloading the aircraft and the screens went dark. At that point i switch to a 767 and finished the flight.

Hi, G550flyer,

If you reload a 777 flight on top of itself you are likely to get blank screens or other weirdities. But if you load the default ultralite/trike/Friday Harbor flight in between it should work.  If you are using Autosave you could then reload the flight from a slightly earlier time -- an earlier saved panel state might not have the problem, but I really don't know what's causing it.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hello,

Any statement about  this issue ?

I just had this bug, first time since I had the 777 (2013)... On a 777-300ER between the south of Iceland and Greenland. A/P engaged since the departure climb, and small altitude deviation noticed 3hrs after t/o. A/P do not modify the aircraft behaviour whatever the guidance mode engaged...  FD is correctly reflecting the MCP orders but no aircraft path modification, even when desactivating A/P as flight controls seem to be freezed as well.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0587409d144929711514296544-sans-titre-1.jpg[/IMG

[

• Upvote 1

I add that some features of the virtual cockpit don't move any more, as the throttles when I disconnect the A/T. 

I use ASN, and I was online on IVAO

23 hours ago, Renaud972 said:

I add that some features of the virtual cockpit don't move any more, as the throttles when I disconnect the A/T. 

I use ASN, and I was online on IVAO

This is a thread that is over 4 years old, by the way.

As far as the issue goes, note that you haven't had this issue (not 'bug') since 2013. If it were a bug, you'd keep running into it. In this case, it's likely something else. What changed recently on your machine?

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers