Sign in to follow this  
Palan

Noise Abatement from charts into FMC

Hi,

I didn't find answer on my question. In FMC (TAKEOFF REF page 2/2) you have 3 heights to set - ACCEL, EO ACCEL and REDUCTION. I have charts (screenshot is included lower in this topic) with noise abatement procedures on LKPR and I need your help, please - which height will be ACCEL, which EO ACCEL and which one REDUCTION? Thanks.

hght.png

TO power to 2700 AGL (Reduction altitude) then CLB power from 2700 AGL climb at V2 + 10 very steep climb here but regards to flight safety. all depends how heavy you are and your CG plus density altitude.

AA (Accelaration altitude) from 4200 AGL

And for the EO AA doesn't mention it here will be in general instructions but its usually 1000 AGL here in the uk plus airport elevation.

Vernon Howells

I didn't find answer on my question. In FMC (TAKEOFF REF page 2/2) you have 3 heights to set - ACCEL, EO ACCEL and REDUCTION. I have charts (screenshot is included lower in this topic) with noise abatement procedures on LKPR and I need your help, please - which height will be ACCEL, which EO ACCEL and which one REDUCTION? Thanks.

The answer is right on that chart, and you would've found it just by reading it a little more carefully (except the EO ACCEL HEIGHT, but I'll discuss that in a second).  Just look at the terms on the CDU (FMC cockpit display unit) and compare the terms to the chart:

FMC: ACCEL HT

Chart: Multiple references to a fixed speed - V2+10 - and then a reference to "normal speed."  In order to get from V2+10 to normal speed, one would have to accelerate.  Since they reference V2+10 until 4200, and normal speed thereafter, you would use 4200 as the ACCEL HT.

FMC: REDUCTION

Chart: "At 2700 Reduce engine thrust to not less than climb power/thrust."

EO ACCEL HT is the odd ball here because it's based mainly on company SOP or a prescribed procedure (EO SID, as an example), which, unless someone gave you one, you wouldn't know what the SOP value is.  For the purposes of the sim, you can just leave it at the default.

Kyle Rodgers

If you are using FS2crew in the dept brief the captain uses 800 for the MFRA just add airport elev to that like i do on your baro mins

Vernon Howells