Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

B1900 is out!

Yes stunning indeed like all Carenado, but no more FMS in xplane 10.3?

No FMS because you have the new GNS 530 which support navigraph Airac and it's working like the real one, so no need for FMS

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Flaps really do lift this aircraft when landing.  I find it almost impossible to control the approach when using flaps.

Is this normal behavior for this aircraft?

John

John Wingold

Flaps really do lift this aircraft when landing.  I find it almost impossible to control the approach when using flaps.

Is this normal behavior for this aircraft?

John

I have the same problem!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

You have to remember on approach you go from flaps 0 to to flaps 17, which is a fair amount of extension, you'll have the nose pitching up due to the increased lift, a reduction in airspeed due to the additional drag, and the stall speed being lowered, so ideally on approach you want to simultaneously trim nose down while extending flaps 17, that should help control the attitude.

Well, if I look at the documentation it becomes obvious that the B1900D normally only uses flaps up to 17* but not the maximum 34*, while the Carrenado procedures states 34* for a normal landing. According to this page http://www.flywestwind.com/WTC/Pprograms/turboprops.htm this was only done since the MSFS totally ignores the drag of the propeller, so that it lands unrealistically.

In videos from real flights I only saw very limited use of the flaps, too. And in this document ( http://www.pilotspost.co.za/arn0000012 ) about the real use of the plane they also mention the need for trimming after flap deployment.

So I would say this seems to be normal for this plane.

It's like flying a cow compared to the B200 and the flaps do surprise you first time around but after a few crosswind landings i love it,

Seen a few bugs from watching Streams and hopefully there will a patch soon prior to my purchase.

I don't know why we only talk about the things that cause us concern (including me), but on the positive side, one of the things that is really great about this release is the ability to adjust knobs (edit - and zoom) with the mouse wheel.  I have heard for so long that it will not work in x-plane... Well, it does and it is great!

John

John Wingold

But does the mouse wheel work well? I watched a Twitch stream and the guy said he had to adjust his dpi to lowest because the sensitivity is really touchy (ie difficult to get exact numbers)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

10628638_812826248749000_749416317333751

Regards, Albert Miu

Agree with John, the new mouse wheel function is something amazing. It should be implemented in all XP10.

Alexander Colka

I hope the mouse wheel does get added to XP10 as I really dont like the other method of changing dials (call me an old fashioned FSX user I dont mind!)

Only have the JarDesign A320Neo for X-Plane at the moment and thinking of adding this as my 2nd plane.

From EGFF to YSSY

I hope the mouse wheel does get added to XP10

It won't be added in general, but with the new GPS that got this scroll wheel interface it is obviously no konger so difficult to program. The Flight Facto A350 will get scroll wheel use, too,