Sign in to follow this  
miguelpp

SP1c

Hi all i've been contacting pmdg support there's been no mention about sp1c. My answere is no ?

There's no harm in contacting them, but I wouldn't expect them to give you much more than:

"There will be an official post in the forum when an official date is set.  PMDG does not give release dates."

Kyle Rodgers

I have recently stopped browsing this forum because of the many "problems" and "bugs" and "this plane is not flyable" as well as "I think I will wait for the new update before purchasing" and "for now, the 777 will stay in my hangar until they fix this issue" posts.

I for one have never had any issues with the 777 since I purchased the RTM version in early 2014. The only problem I ever encountered was the cold and dark panel state, which I easily fixed by making my own.

So in conclusion, I don't mind when SP1c is released because I didn't have any issues in SP1 or SP1b anyway.

That's great for you, unfortunately for me and numerous others the issues which SP1c is supposed to fix are impairing enough that flying the plane is a bit frustrating. I have yet to enjoyably fly the 777 due to the various bugs (which are slowly being eliminated, slowly).

Do these bugs make the plane unflyable? Not at all. But they do make the experience frustrating enough (at least for me) that I haven't bothered in a long time.

Paul

Sp1c is still under going tests may be a few problems to solve but it will be postered hear on this forum when it will be released what date ? There is a sdk for fs2 crew. Pmdg are realy busy they really are brilliant for what they have achived with the 777 pls be patiant sp1c will be published when they have got glitches or bugs sorted.

But they do make the experience frustrating enough (at least for me) that I haven't bothered in a long time.

What is so frustrating that you haven't bothered to fly it in a really long time?  Honest question.

Kyle Rodgers

What is so frustrating that you haven't bothered to fly it in a really long time? Honest question.

Prior to SP1 it was the trim issues that made approaches particularly frustrating, but I tolerted that issue for awhile, but eventually decided to wait on SP1. SP1 fixed that issue but introduced the simrate and time compression issue.

Unfortunately, flying legs at up to 4x simrate is not ideal nor really doable for me. Often when I get a chance to fly I usually have only a couple of hours. So to perform flights without being able to simulate at 8x or 16x to me is frustrating. My flying of the 777 post SP1 has been all circuit flying. I've abandoned this for awhile though waiting for SP1c and using the NGX instead.

It was a fair question, hope the answer doesn't seem too ridiculous to you but that's just how it feels for me.

Paul

Hello Paul,

There are plenty of real-world flights which can be done in 1-3 hours.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/415784-shortest-scheduled-777-flights/

I haven't flown her in a while due to the Airbus A318/A319 being released, but I will definitely get back to her sometime in the next day or so ;)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Unfortunately, flying legs at up to 4x simrate is not ideal nor really doable for me. Often when I get a chance to fly I usually have only a couple of hours. So to perform flights without being able to simulate at 8x or 16x to me is frustrating. My flying of the 777 post SP1 has been all circuit flying. I've abandoned this for awhile though waiting for SP1c and using the NGX instead.

I'm still one of those guys who refuses to use compression, so I end up using the plane less because of it, but I can understand the frustration of something you relied on working prior to an update, and then not working.

Kyle Rodgers

If you only have an hour or two,why not just do an hour or two flight till the time it gets fixed. You really don't have to fly long haul to enjoy it. It's still better than circuit flying.

Take it up to 34000 ft.100 miles away. Shut down the engines and glide it back to the airport.fail each system and try to get it back to the airport. So many things to try and learn till some of these things gets fixed. Unless you are only interested in flying A to B doing the regular approaches

If you only have an hour or two,why not just do an hour or two flight till the time it gets fixed. You really don't have to fly long haul to enjoy it. It's still better than circuit flying.

Take it up to 34000 ft.100 miles away. Shut down the engines and glide it back to the airport.fail each system and try to get it back to the airport. So many things to try and learn till some of these things gets fixed. Unless you are only interested in flying A to B doing the regular approaches

Good points, but yea the A to B is what interests me most. Although I do like the ideas.

As for A to B flights, the nice looking payware airports I own aren't that close together :). Appreciate the suggestions though, I'm remaining patient but looking forward to getting simrate working again.

Paul

I've flown 2000 hours already thanks to kyles tutorial video. I never use x4 or x8 i just use the normal sim rate soomtimes i fall asleep just let the 777 fly it's self on autopilot i've gone through the manual everything seems to be fine here though i'm on a low end graphics card. I only had one tail strike soom eliminate that one and a stall came out of that one easy. No trim issue just a freeze crossing the atlantic not many problems with 777's

Prior to SP1 it was the trim issues that made approaches particularly frustrating, but I tolerted that issue for awhile, but eventually decided to wait on SP1. SP1 fixed that issue but introduced the simrate and time compression issue.

It was a fair question, hope the answer doesn't seem too ridiculous to you but that's just how it feels for me.

Paul

For short haul with a large jet like the T7, KSFO to KLAX (or visa versa) is a pretty interesting yet short flight and still has all the prep work of a long haul.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Unfortunately, flying legs at up to 4x simrate is not ideal nor really doable for me. Often when I get a chance to fly I usually have only a couple of hours

You could  try  saving  your flights   for example do  a couple of  hours  than save  than the next time   do  the other  couple of  hours might not suit  you but  just an idea. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have also experienced some bugs on the 777...on the windscreen, usually cleared by engaging left wiper control to intermittant

This is an excellent idea. The perfect way to get to know your 777 inside and out. Pretty much an analogue of what happens in real simuators (except you rarely get to 34000 ft in those before the malfunctions start happening).

ki9cAAb.jpg