Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

What has happened to PC Aviator?

Has PC Avaitor gone belly up?  Been trying to contact PC Avaitor about an order I placed Aug 30th (and have yet to receive) but they haven't responded to a message I posted on their website a week ago. i've tried calling yesterday but have up after being left on hold for over a half hour.  When I called today the automated system didn't even pick up the phone.

BTW, how do I keep the menu from collasping right after the AVSIM website pops up?  I also don't seem to be able to do a topic search anymore...I know I haven't been on the website much (other than to do whats new searches on the library) lately.  Apparently I've missed something (or didn't get the memo)....

Their site is still up. It always was a very small staff.

Have you tried looking up your order invoice on their store site for status?

I bought a Megascenery Earth region on special offer from them at the beginning of this month, posted a support question and have still received no reply. I found the answer anyway via a forum search here and decided to get a refund as per their offer. I asked three times without any reply and was about to give up (and suggest them as candidates for the wall of shame) when I got through on the phone to a very helpful gentleman called Mark, who apologised for their customer service and got me my refund within 1/2 an hour. If I ever buy anything from them again, it'll be down to him and him alone.

Maybe they haven't got time to read e-mails but they sure have time to send them...several promotional messages arrived in my inbox during the time I was awaiting a response to my e-mails. My advice: phone them and get a real person. Ask for Mark. Don't bother waiting for any kind of electronic response.

PCAviator.au have a much better reputation, by the way.

PCAViator didn’t go belly up

he is addressing some personal issues he has to deal with

he will return to full activity shortly

Same here, three e-mails ( a couple of months ago and early this week ) through their website and my own e-mail

account.

However on the positive side I ordered MSE Germany using the discount and also the DVD service which went well.

Previous DVD service took approx 3 weeks to Europe which was the time scale on their site.

Once again a pity about the lack of customer service, also miss a Forum.

AVSIM has set up a Photoscenery forum and it is visited frequently by a representative from PC Aviator. They use to have a support forum on their website but some individuals got pretty nasty as they didn't respond to every question. Many of your questions about photoscenery can be answered in the Photoscenery Forum by other members.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

To give the other side of the story, in my case I found them incredibly helpful. I was reinstalling FS9 and could not find my disk for Oahu/Honolulu anywhere. I emailed them and told them the  situation and asked if they could help, thinking they MIGHT let me download it. Instead I got the disk in the mail a few days later. I found them very helpful and generous. So if it's a small operation as Firehawk says, I'm sure when he recovers they will be back to their usual excellent service

Cheers

Ian

To Ronzie:  Yes, I know their site is still up.  That doesn't necessarily mean they are still in business though...According to their website my order has been "completed"!

Chris,  sorry to hear that he has been dealing with some personal issues.  I can apprciate that.  I've been dealing with a personal issue of my own (my wife's health) otherwise I would have posted my queston a lot sooner...

Actually, PC Aviators has always been my favorite FS vendor.  I've probably purchased more stuff from them than from all others combined.  They have been very helpful to me in the past as well.  The speed of the delivery of orders from PC Aviator can't be beat unless you download it (I prefer having the DVD in my possession).

I'm glad to hear that PC Aviator hasn't gone out of business.  I would have been very upset if they had (almost like losing a personal friend)!  Well, hopefully, I'll get a reply to my second msg this week....

I always had very good experiences with PCAviator, but half a year ago I had a similar issue with Feelthere.com

Have always had excellent customer service from them!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I have found over the years that they give excellent service on matters like returns, but are spotty in answering questions about Megascenery. And by spotty I mean that they don't usually answer them...

I still think very highly of them and buy from them all the time.

- Bill Magann

Just a quick update on this topic. They are fully active again and gave me very prompt service for a purchase I made a few days ago. Whatever the problem may have been, it is no longer an issue. They are a company that has my full confidence and support

Cheers

Ian

After emailing them 6 times and posting on both their FB pages I have almost given up on getting any support from PC Aviator.

I purchased Voice Buddy from them and it simply wont register, I emailed the developer twice and have had no reply, PC Aviator also remain silent, so my last email asking for a refund will also fall on deaf ears I have no doubt.

I'm not holding my breath. :excl: :mad:

Mike

Just today I received a boxed addon from PCAviator. I must say they were very fast and had the best price for the product. No complaints at all from my side.

Peter