Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

KAS297C Altitude Preselector

Regarding the KAS297C preselector and it's operation:

1. Dial in the target altitude

2. Push ALT ARM

3. Adjust the VS speed (default 500 fpm) with the knob, or the rocker switch on the autopilot

Note:  The VS ENG button engages VS mode, without ALT capture..

With my mods, you'll find that this works with the correct indications, and in FD as well as AP mode.

Send me a PM (with your email address) if you want a copy.

Bert

Thanks Bert!

This helps a lot

Message with my mail address was already sent to you!

Thanks mate!

Cheers,

Mark

Your fixes are brilliant thank you very much.

Will you incorporate any fixes to the engine gauges? itt is very low at cruising altitudes.

I wonder if Carenado will add strobe lights to the model. Why is the switch missing?

The start/stop button does not work on the transponder. It sets to a weird time and does not count up. I can replace it with the rxp gtx but it looks out of place without a black front.

Hi Bert,

did  you get my mail request for your mod file?

Would be great if you could sent it to me!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Bert , I dont have a mouse wheel, I use a marble track ball ,I dont get any way to move the knobs for alt setting , my saitek panel does not chage the Alt there either, although in flight it can change it and the plane responds...

any help...I will send a PM for the SW fix...

Thankyou  Jorge

The start/stop button does not work on the transponder. It sets to a weird time and does not count up. I can replace it with the rxp gtx but it looks out of place without a black front.

I've got a fixed version ready to go (have sent it to Carenado)

Hi Bert , I dont have a mouse wheel, I use a marble track ball ,I dont get any way to move the knobs for alt setting , my saitek panel does not chage the Alt there either, although in flight it can change it and the plane responds...

any help...I will send a PM for the SW fix...

Thankyou  Jorge

That is going to be a problem in other planes as well - maybe get a mouse with wheel for FSX..

Bert

The clickspots for the numbers are small and hard to find.. with my mods, they are bigger and on the numbers.  In the original, they are lower and to the right a bit.

Bert

The clickspots for the numbers are small and hard to find.. with my mods, they are bigger and on the numbers. In the original, they are lower and to the right a bit.

I hope they keep a copy of your changes of all these things and toss their old versions.  They'll be useful on future airplanes.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I hope they keep a copy of your changes of all these things and toss their old versions.  They'll be useful on future airplanes.

Gregg

I hope so too - would save me a lot of trouble, believe me  :rolleyes:

Bert

Hi Bert,

I tried to send you a PM to request a copy of your mods to the autopilot, but got a message that you cannot accept any more messages.  Any thoughts on how I can get a copy from you?

Please send me a PM.  Thanks!

Gerald