Sign in to follow this  
Guest Keyser Soze

I Just Purchase Ultimate Traffic & I have My Traffic 2004 Also

Guest jwhak1

Hello Yep It's me again.. :-jumpy I have a question??????? (LOL)Well I have my traffic 2004 and I just purchased Ultimate Traffic 2004..I hope I have not made a mistake.. But I am running the both of them together... I am also running all the traffic at 100%One question I have is ya know how these programs have to compile and work up their lists. Well I was wondering do I need to try and do anything with My Traffic and if so how do I config that bad boy.. It seems like after I have installed it all I need to do is just set how much traffic I want. Didn't know if I need to try and reinstall My Traffic now that I have Ultimate Traffic or will they be just fine the way they are?Oh boy Thinking about Flight Enviroment Now :-jumpy Then after that gonna hold of for FS Passengers...Man I never thought this thing could get so addictive (LOL)...My Woman is gonna throw me and this computer out of the house...Any Flight Simmer out there need a room mate (LOL) J/K

AFAIK UT and MyT are mutually exclusive (so you can run one OR the other, but not both).As there's massive overlap between them, running both together would not be a good idea anyway even if it were possible.

Guest jwhak1

Ugh... That kinda hurts...I did get wind from some people that they were capable of running the 2 together so that is why I bought Ultimate also..HMMM... Thanks

Guest A321

You can run both together, But then lets say a flight with US Air lands at KTAL on wed at 06:00 hours, well If UT Traffic and My Traffic both have the same schedules then you will have to of the same flight numbers (essencially The same flight land twice and at the same time)Not Good, So yes jwenting is right, to that end, but You can run them at the same time, its just going to cause the problem and possibly others described above.Jason

Guest jwhak1

Thanks Jason I appreciate the input..Hey see we have the same flavor there with the processors...I am running the Shuttle AN50R Motherboard what are you running for a motherboard?AMD Athlon 3200+ with 256mb Geforce 5500 and a gig and a half of ram with a 120gb SATA..That ram on this thing makes all the difference in the world.. Take It Easy

Guest jwhak1

I guess the next question is how do I uninstall My Traffic 2004 without messing things up?And also on Ultimate Traffic has anyone had problems getting the crash detection system to work and the hand held pda or pba something like that to work...The hand held just shows red 0000 or green 0000.. It is not listing any specific times... It will give them by voice though... Thanks

Guest ponyboy

Well before you completely remove it, some do run both. For example you can use UT for thereal world airline flights and use My Traffic for the GA and military Traffic which UT does not have.I can't really run just my UT at 100%. Can't imagine having both running at 100%.

Guest jwhak1

Yeah... Thats what I will do I will uninstall It and re-install it with just military traffic and ga...Could someone please brief me on how to properly uninstall My Traffic without tearing something up. Thanks

Guest Keyser Soze

Hi Josh,that was me who recommended you running the both products. I DO use them and there are NO problems. It was even discussed on MyTraffic forum and the author himself pointed that they can co-exist very easily. I use UT for airliners only and MyTraffic for the rest. I also use MyTraffic airliner schedules since they aren't based on real world schedules and a probability you get the same airliner even with the same flight number is very negligible. Anyway, if there would even be such situation, I can't imagine what problem could cause it because MyTraffic uses completely different system when building the traffic into the FS. I can just give you some hints based on my experience:- if you don't want any airliners from MyTraffic, you don't have to reinstall it but just delete or move the file "MyTrafficline.bgl" from [fs9]SceneryWorldscenery directory- make sure "MyWorldTraffic" in the scenery library is BELOW (lower priority) any addon scenery. I recommend to put it below "Addon Scenery"- when compiling the traffic in MyTraffic, choose "more GA and less Airliners when reducing the traffic" option- do NOT set the traffic option in the FS to 100% or you will get huge traffic and won't be able to take-off at larger airports. I have set it to 60% and that seems perfect to me.Hope this helps.

Guest jwhak1

Thanks Again KeyserI appreciate the input and sharing your experiences with me partner..May save me alot of time and heartache in the process of playing with this stuff.. (LOL)Once again thanks for the wealth of the knowledge..

Guest Keyser Soze

You're welcome, Josh. Have fun! ;-)