Sign in to follow this  
groentesoep

Simmershome.de P3D Lights patch

Hello everybody,

Has anybody tried the P3D v2 lights patch from Simmershome.de? (http://simmershome.de/temporary-light-fix-fuer-p3d-v2/)

It is supposed to fix the lights at Aerosoft airports by overlaying new AFCAD's with default P3D lights.

Id anyhbody has tried, what are you experiences? Does the fix work with P3D v2.3?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yes, the download links are broken. From there description:

1. General

This fix turns on the runway  lightings and / or taxiway lighting on various addon airports where  do not work in P3D v2 . This are the standard lightings and not lightings from the addon provider. This software requires that the addon is already fully installed . If addons are not installed , each associated BGL is to be deleted in this package absolutely . Doing so may cause malfunction , an empty airport or crash the simulator.

The BGL ‘s in this package are only the airportlayaouts with the paths and the lightings available and no scenery  parts.

The runwaylightnings are created according to the latest figures from SkyVector and AirportNavFinder .

2. Installation

a) Unpack the package in the root directory of the simulator. Nothing will be overwritten .

b ) There is established under ” Addon Scenery ” in the main directory of the simulator , the folder ” Temporary Lightfix ” . Please first delete all BGL whose associated airport addon is not necessarily installed . The BGL name always begins with the ICAO code of the airport.

c ) The folder “Temporary Lightfix ” must be registered in the scenery library and ALWAYS come first , but at least before any addon airports are affected .

3. Uninstall

Delete folders and entry in the scenery library

Important Note:

The BGL include at major airports getting the version without static aircraft , with static on smaller aircraft. What exactly is available , you can read in the BGL name. The status must necessarily be set in the addon , otherwise it may result in crash or incorrect assignment of gates and collision of the AI .

The author assumes no liability for damages or malfunctions that could made this fix . Use at your own risk .

If an addon publisher for any scenery provides an update to P3D v2 , the BGL is just delete it . The fix then has no effect on the addon more.

Happy Landings

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes, I downloaded them a few days ago. However, I have decided not to install them as I am not convinced that their method of "overlaying" new graphics to correct the missing runway lights really fixes the problem.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

The download links are not broken, you have to register on the site to be able to download.

I cannot read the German so know not which buttons to pouch

Yes, I downloaded them a few days ago. However, I have decided not to install them as I am not convinced that their method of "overlaying" new graphics to correct the missing runway lights really fixes the problem.

Thanks for sharing that

They work absolutely fine and are the only way to get runway (and sometimes taxi) lighting at those Aerosoft airports where the add-on's runway lighting itself doesn't work. And since the only thing the fix does is to disable the native runway lighting of the airport (by renaming bgl files) and provide an overlay bgl which adds the standard runway lighting to the airport, it cannot break anything and it can be easily reverted. However, since Aerosoft will NEVER provide updates to the old airports (which they have already confirmed on their forum) there will be no need to revert anything...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I believe that there is an English translation if you scroll down.

They work absolutely fine and are the only way to get runway (and sometimes taxi) lighting at those Aerosoft airports where the add-on's runway lighting itself doesn't work.

Thanks for sharing.

I believe that there is an English translation if you scroll down.

Believing it is "down there" was correct, it is half way down called "ENGLISH FRIENDS"

Thanks

I registered - with the help of Chrome- and downloaded all of them. They work great!

Unfortunately they couldn't fix the Madeira airport properly. And i wonder why they disabled the photoreal...

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

You can download a fix for Aerosoft Madeira on Simmershome.de as well which fixes the scenery in P3Dv2.3

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Believing it is "down there" was correct, it is half way down called "ENGLISH FRIENDS"

Thanks

So you read my post then ? Where did you think I copied it from ? LOL

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You can download a fix for Aerosoft Madeira on Simmershome.de as well which fixes the scenery in P3Dv2.3

That's what i was talking about. It doesn't fix it and it disables photoreal. It just fixes the lights but disables other things in the scenery.

I managed to make it compatible with vector and keep the photoreal but with no runway lights.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White