Sign in to follow this  
learn-by-flying

WideFS

Not sure where this topic goes as it covers a lot of different products. With WideFS will I be able to use ASN/SB and others on a separate PC with Prepar3d? I've tried multiple searches and all of the answers I can find are general. I know ASN can be used with simconnect yet other products I would like to use utilize FSUIPC.

Thanks,

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't work precisely the same as FSX.  (I don't have WideFS yet.)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

ASN will work fine on a seperate machine using just Simconnect

WideFS works just the same as it always did with FSX, no issues at all with P3D

Yep MD is correct wide works great in P3d but the program has to be able to use it and ASN uses Simconnect. I find Wide much easier to use and wish ASN could be ran on a client machine using that option.

RE Thomason Jr.

Thanks everyone for the responses. WideFS is really attractive as I can run about 4 other addons with FSUIPC. I guess I'll start to take a look at their manuals of how to get it working.

Tom

Tom, it is just a case of installing WideFS on your clent PC then editing the Wideclient.ini to reflect the IP address of your Server (P3D) machine.

[Config]
Visible=Min
ButtonScanInterval=20
ClassInstance=0
NetworkTiming=5,1
MailslotTiming=2000,1000
PollInterval=2000
Port=8002
ServerName=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Protocol=TCP
Port2=9002
ResponseTime=18
ApplicationDelay=0
TCPcoalesce=No
WaitForNewData=500
MaxSendQ=100
OnMaxSendQ=Log
NewSendScanTime=50
Priority=3,1,2
Window=0,0,112,27
[Sounds]
Path=C:\Program Files\WideFS\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=SoundMAX Digital Audio

Tom, it is just a case of installing WideFS on your clent PC then editing the Wideclient.ini to reflect the IP address of your Server (P3D) machine.

[Config]
Visible=Min
ButtonScanInterval=20
ClassInstance=0
NetworkTiming=5,1
MailslotTiming=2000,1000
PollInterval=2000
Port=8002
ServerName=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Protocol=TCP
Port2=9002
ResponseTime=18
ApplicationDelay=0
TCPcoalesce=No
WaitForNewData=500
MaxSendQ=100
OnMaxSendQ=Log
NewSendScanTime=50
Priority=3,1,2
Window=0,0,112,27
[Sounds]
Path=C:\Program Files\WideFS\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=SoundMAX Digital Audio

Thanks Mad Dog, With this WideFS was very easy to get going, SimConnect is being a little difficult but I am making progress.

Tom

WideFS is very usefull, I onstalled it on my second pc where have installed many addon (TOPCAT, PFPX, and so on) that tall to FSUIPC on server machine.

But ASN (fsx o Prepar3D 2.3) doesn't need fsuipc/widefs. It uses simconnectas other guys told you.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Tom,

I use WideFS on my client computer with P3D 2.3. I have applications which use Simconnect (ASN, SuperTrafficBoard, ProATC/X, Aivlasoft EFB) and AI Controller uses WideFS. They all play together well. There are no conflicts. Occasionally the connection is lost: IP address of main machine changes, Simconnect error. I gave my main machine a static IP address. When Simconnect chokes, I reboot my main and client machines.

One note: Aivlasoft EFB seems to affect other Simconnect using programs. I start EFB after all other programs have connected, and close it before exiting other programs.

The above may or may not apply to you. If any of it does, glad it helped.

Graham

Thanks everyone for the assistance, got everything working correctly and have seen quite a nice improvement in performance from offloading.

Tom