Sign in to follow this  
krono

Pilot2ATC on Networked Machine

Thanks Dave. Generally, I prefer to keep ATC and the aircraft sim (e.g. P3D, XP11) together on the same PC. Will I be able to accomplish the following two things:

1.) Ability to completely minimize P2A UI window with the sim on top and toggle P2A UI window as needed with alt+tab; 

2.) Ability to change radio frequencies using the aircraft VC. 

If I'm able to accomplish the above two items, I'd like to give it a try on a single PC. If that setup doesn't work for me, will I be able to un-install and re-install on a client PC with the same license? I've tried the demo in the past but lost track of time, so either way I'll just do a regular purchase. 

Thanks again / Les Parson

Dave would multiplicity allow you to use your mic on your main machine to communicate with P2A on the second machine?  

Thanks.

Hilkiah

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

BTW my headset is a USB headset which is connected to the main PC.  I have a 3.5mm audio cable running from the speaker output of my second computer (P2A) to the line in on my P3D computer so I can hear output from my P2A through the headset on the P3D computer.  What I have never been able to figure out is how to get the audio from the usb headset connected to the P3D computer to be sent to the P2A second PC.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

Les,

You should be able to do both.  You may also be able to use the Minimize HotKey in P2A instead of having to use the Alt-Tab.  It depends on how your SIM is set up.

Hilkiah,

As far as I know that does not work because Multiplicity only handles Audio output, so it cannot send the Mic audio input to the networked machine.  That's why you must plug your headset into the P2A machine.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

I'm attempting to install P2A on remote PC using XP11. I have purchased  Multiplicity and SPAD-Next but things are not going well. The following from the SPAD-Next forum has me confused with item #5 on Remote PC. I'm unable to locate the Remote Joystick Client and a search of SPAD-Next forum did not help. I'm just not understanding SPAD very well and haven't been able to locate any useful YouTube videos. Any assistance will be appreciated. 

AD.next >= 0.9.5.55 required.

* Remoteservice (Settings->Application->Expert must be ON)

On Remote PC :

1. Download and install https://github.com/shauleiz/vJoy/releases/latest (the installer)
  2. Start "C:\Program Files\vJoy\x64\vJoyConf.exe" and configure joystick #1 to have only buttons (as many as you need)
  3. Configure the program to receive the button presses for Virtual Joystick Device 1
  4. Download attached file and install on Remote PC
  5. Start "C:\Program Files (x86)\SPAD.neXt RemoteJoystick Client\RemoteJoystick.exe" if you did not select "Start .." in install
  6. Enter IP and port of SPAD.neXt computer. (port is seen at Settings->Application->Expert in SPAD.neXt. Default: 8181)

On SPAD.neXt PC:

1. Start SpAD.neXt
  2. go to the Button you want to remotely trigger that joystick.
  3. if Button is not on a native joystick skip next 2 steps
  4. Configure Button (Click 'configure') to be a "Simple Pushbutton"
  5. Restart SPAD.neXt
  6. Add "Press" Event
  7. Add "Execute Command" Action
  8. Select "COMMAND_SPAD_NEXT.REMOTE" (forgot to add string for it)
  9. Enter "BUTTON.BUTTONNUMBER.PRESS" eg BUTTON.1.PRESS
  10. Close Event-configuration
  11. Add "Release" Event
  12. Add "Execute Command" Action
  13. Select "COMMAND_SPAD_NEXT.REMOTE" (forgot to add string for it)
  14. Enter "BUTTON.BUTTONNUMBER.RELEASE" eg BUTTON.1.RELEASE
  15. Close Event configuration

On Remote Client:
Click on "Connect"

Have fun!
If any problem ocours please send %LOCALAPPDATA%\SPAD.neXt\Tools\logs\RemoteJoystick.log from Remote PC to support@spadnext.com

Please report if it works as expected.

You should follow the instructions in the P2A User's Guide starting on page 154.  You'll notice that vJoy is not used at all.

Dave

Hi

I was just reading this and wondering. Are you running spad.next on your main pc or your networked pc. If you run Spad.next on your networked pc all of your flight controls can then be attached to your networked pc. This means that you dont need vJoy etc. Spad.next will use fsuipc,simmconect or Lvars on you networked pc. As far as sound goes Multiplicity is great on networked machines but I stopped using the audio section from that a couple of years ago but still use everything else multiplicity offers. There is a donation ware software called Voicemeeter Banna that is brilliant for audio on you computer and sim. I use 2 computers and 4 soundcards to run P3d and voicemeeter banana controls them all. It can send the main audio to you main speakers and send ATC audio to your networked machine. I use programes on the networked machine where the main audio is sent back to the main pcs speakers but Pilot2ATC for example is on the networked pc.

Ken

2 hours ago, krono said:

Hi

I was just reading this and wondering. Are you running spad.next on your main pc or your networked pc. If you run Spad.next on your networked pc all of your flight controls can then be attached to your networked pc. This means that you dont need vJoy etc. Spad.next will use fsuipc,simmconect or Lvars on you networked pc. As far as sound goes Multiplicity is great on networked machines but I stopped using the audio section from that a couple of years ago but still use everything else multiplicity offers. There is a donation ware software called Voicemeeter Banna that is brilliant for audio on you computer and sim. I use 2 computers and 4 soundcards to run P3d and voicemeeter banana controls them all. It can send the main audio to you main speakers and send ATC audio to your networked machine. I use programes on the networked machine where the main audio is sent back to the main pcs speakers but Pilot2ATC for example is on the networked pc.

Ken

I have SPAD.Next only on the server. I'll try it on the client as well. Thanks for the tip. 

So, I have 2 computers running on network (#1 computer for P3D, #2 computer for Pilot2ATC), with the USB headset on the main computer (#1 computer P3D).  If you plug your line out from (#1 computer P3D) to the line in on (#2 computer Pilot2ATC), via a 3.5mm audio cable, then your USB headset microphone should work on (#2 computer Pilot2ATC), correct?!

And if you plug another 3.5mm audio cable from your line out on (#2 computer Pilot2ATC) to your line in on (#1 computer P3D), then your Pilot2ATC audio should be heard in your USB headset earphones (#1 computer P3D), correct?!

Does this all make sense, or am I out to lunch?!! 😉  I really hope this can work.

Bruce

Bruce Wood

No, I don't believe that should work.

You must have the microphone plugged into the PC running Pilot2ATC and it must be designated as the default recording device for that PC.  

There are software packages that would let you bring the sound from P3D to the remote PC via your LAN and then you plug your headset into the P2A PC.  Multiplicity is one such program, but there are others.

Of course, I could be wrong.  So if your hardwired setup works, please let us know.

Dave

I have a USB wireless surround sound headset though.  I thought I had read somewhere months ago about the line in/out thing though.  Maybe not.

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Hi Bruce, Dave is right I'm afraid. Your proposal will not work.  Inputs to PC's are called "mixer inputs" on the PC, but do not work like real studio mixers.   You can set up an optimal setup like mine though:

PC 1 Works p2atc, has headset and microphone (USB or hard wired)

PC 2 is X-plane, Has boosted 500 watt surround speakers, with a big sub-woofer (base speaker). The PA system is 4000 watts in here!

Talk to P2atc on your headset and experience the airplane sound and vibration in the room!

My room is a soundproof studio (I'm a professional musician) and winding up a jet turbine will shake the walls!   With headsets on, me and my passenger can experience very realistic sound.

You can buy a bluetooth of other sound system for your PC very cheaply these days.

Pilot2ATC is still the very best add on for any flight sim, professionally supported by Dynamic Dave!

Have fun

trev

PS I have two headsets/mikes connected together through a small mixer unit that allows not only individual volume adjustment, but we have an intercom between us.It feeds output to the PC1/p2atc unit.

Edited by tmeacham
typos - oops!

Ok, so as I am getting older, things seem more difficult to get to work the way I want ;)

So, I have a second computer that ONLY does my FSX/P3D add on programs.  Such as: Wideserver, Pilot2ATC, KAcars for my VA, FS Flightkeeper and for browsing with Chrome etc.  My main computer runs: P3D and a bunch of stuff such as, Chaseplane, Opus weather, Trackir5, Goflight Interface Tool, etc.  I have a second sound card I use for the output for my Buttkicker Gamer 2.

So, I am finding that maybe I should be running Pilot2ATC from my main computer.  BUT, I like seeing the info from Pilot2ATC program onscreen.  Because I run in fullscreen mode on P3D, I would not see that.  :(  And I have 3 monitors with a triplehead2go, so I could NOT show P2Atc on a second monitor or anything.

So, what can I do?!  I don't think my family would love to hear it cranked up in my NON soundproof room, nor would the dog ;)

I would be great if I could have the Pilot2atc screen ALSO showing on my second computer, but with all it's functionality coming from my main computer, if that all makes sense ;)

Bruce

Bruce Wood

I should mention, I use Multiplicity as well.  There is a sound sharing option, I believe.  I will have to investigate that further.

This would seem possible.  Is anyone using Multiplicity Audio Sharing for this at all??

Bruce

Edited by CPC900

Bruce Wood

I use multiplicity, it does share sound.  It's a great appplication for managing an extra PC. The sound has a slight delay, but it is not noticable, works very well with P2ATC

trev