Sign in to follow this  
krono

Pilot2ATC on Networked Machine

Yeah, I tested it out last night and it worked great.  The only thing I had an issue with is, the sound was very low from my second machine to my USB headset.  I had to really turn down my P3D sound to hear P2Atc 😞  The sound levels were all cranked on the second machine; maybe it was an oddity.  I will test it more this weekend.

But, if I can get it all working with good sound levels on both, I will be a very happy person.  The one thing I will have to do is train my voice a LOT more, because I was having problems getting the Ground Controller to hear my readback properly  😞  Mind you, I have done very little voice training.

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Dave, Dave, Dave......that would imply I read it  😉

I am in the process of redoing a bunch of FS stuff on my network, due to my recent interest in P3D, of late.  And the fact that my second computer died and had to be replaced.  I also remembered how I liked the look of Pilot2ATC from when I bought it ages ago.

I am giving it a second look now, because I kind of gave up on it way back.  I found that my RC4.3 was just too easy to load up and go and had very few issues with it.  Plus I knew I would have to do some work and study to use Pilot2ATC.  😉

BUT, now that I am using Pilot2ATC and am moving on from RC4, due to it being so old, I am going full throttle into Pilot2ATC.   On that note, I am reading the manual right NOW  🙂 It is quite good and very easy to follow.  I had read it before, but I just didn't have the time to give it my full attention.  Now it is getting my full attention!  

And you are right, I am finding everything I need, such as:  "Destination Only Taxi Readbacks.........It simplifies the readback and can reduce frustration." 😄   It really IS a fantastic manual!!!

But I DO need to still train my voice a bit, I think 😉 

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Ok, everything is working great with the Pilot2ATC program over the network now; I couldn't be happier :) 

And Dave, I was just trying to be humorous with the "that would imply I read it" part.  You hadn't commented back, so I wanted to make sure I hadn't offended you.  I had read it before.  I just needed to read it a second time to make sense of everything again; it is a fairly deep program....which is great!!

Multiplicity has taken care of all the issues with running over the network for me.  It truly is perfect to work with Pilot2ATC over the network, with the ability to see everything of Pilot2ATC's map, freq, fpl etc., on a second computers monitor.  I feel a bit dumb that I had not noticed that in the manual the first time I read it, months and months ago :)

I have still NOT really trained my voice yet, but I will.  Although the SayIt feature works really, really good, if/when you need it.  But you really need to take the time to train your voice, if you want to be exclusive voice comms all the time.  Plus, it is nice to see some of the voice scripts people have created for Pilot2ATC

So, I have finally moved away from Radar Contact 4.3 now.  I have also decided to move away from PF3 for now, as well.  Once you get used to switching to Pilot2ATC and take the time to read the manual once or twice and spend the time to set up the config file the way it needs to be; then it really is a very nice program for ATC for FSX/P3D.  It will be all I will use now, I believe.  Although, I enjoyed both PF3 and RC4, in their own right.

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Bruce,

Glad you got it working.  I did get the humor...was just waiting to hear how you did.😊

Thanks for sharing your results!

Dave

Is there anyone out there who has a remote setup of p2atc and runs FS2Crew. I would be interested to know how this is done. FS2Crew requires the mic to be plugged into the sim pc whereas P2Atc requires the mic to be plugged into the remote.

John

For those who own a SPAD.next complete Edition license: Connex has updated the remote joystick beta and it finally works again.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:06 PM, jsmcwilliam said:

Is there anyone out there who has a remote setup of p2atc and runs FS2Crew. I would be interested to know how this is done. FS2Crew requires the mic to be plugged into the sim pc whereas P2Atc requires the mic to be plugged into the remote.

I am running it on my main computer with Pilot2ATC running on a networked machine.  Trying to get the sound to work again 😞  I can only assume this might have to do with FS2Crew, because it was fine before that.

Keep in mind, I am only guessing, because I have SO much stuff working with FS, but I will test it again today.  My multiplicity though, is NOT working as it did before I started using FS2Crew in P3D.

Bruce Wood

Hi all,

I'm on day 5 of testing P2A now. It's so awesome. I've got mine networked too, with X-Plane. I wanted to use my Saitek Yoke PTT button so I wrote a couple of small programs, one for the remote PC and one for the Sim PC, that lets me transfer button presses from my yoke to P2A over the network, so I can press PTT just like it's local.

I'd imagine this will work with any combination of sims/controllers though as it's simply just transferring button presses and actually has nothing to do with X-Plane, P2A or Saitek.

When I've finished testing tomorrow I'll share them with you all. I'm now already thinking, maybe I should have allowed a "Say it" button press as well, why do these things come to me when I've finished!!!!

It's pretty basic, and not very glamourous, but it does what it says on the tin!! 🙂 

So anyone else on the verge of buying additional software, hold fire, this may be of some use to you.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by Highflyer525
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2015 at 5:53 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

I've had several folks asking how to run Pilot2ATC on a second PC.  Several have been successful too!

If you have the full (paid) version of FSUIPC, Ken's solution above should work.  I haven't tried it, but because Pilot2ATC interacts with the SIMs via FSUIPC, I think it should work.  You will still have to be sure and connect your headset to the machine running Pilot2ATC if you want to interact verbally with the controllers.

If you're willing to have a keyboard key or button on a separate joystick for your PTT button and have the X-Plane or P3D/FSX sounds come from the speakers of the SIM machine, here are some general instructions to get you going even if you don't have the full version of FSUIPC:

1- Install WideFS/WIdeClient on the remote machine according to the instructions on the FSUIPC site

2- Do a full install of Pilot2ATC on the remote machine

3- Connect your headset to the remote machine and be sure that it is set as the default recording device

4- On the Joystick tab of the Config window in Pilot2ATC, set a keyboard key as the PTT button.

OR

4a- Connect a joystick or similar device with a button to the remote PC and set a Joystick button  on that device as the PTT

5-Configure the SIM (X-Plane or FSX/P3D) to output its sound to the speakers of the main machine

This should do it.  If you want to try this, you can just download the full Pilot2ATC Trial to your remote machine and use the 15 day free trial to test it out.  If you want to permanently move your license to the remote machine, just drop me an email and I'll be glad to reset your license to allow a new activation on the remote machine.

Dave

Hi Dave

Its all a bit confusing for me. What I like to have is a working P2ATC on a second pc (client). So that the P2ATC is visible on that client but interacts with the main SIM pc.

Does this mean that I have to run P2ATC on that client instead of the SIM pc?

Thanks and regards,

Ed

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,
Ed Koorevaar

Yes.  P2A will be shown on whatever PC it is running on.  If that is a different PC  than the SIM, then you have to set up the connections across the network LAN, which is why it is confusing. 

That is not a simple thing to do and should be avoided unless you are familiar with PC networks.

If you do go ahead with trying to run on a network, there is some guidance in the User's Guide and also another thread on how to make it work:

Dave

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Yes.  P2A will be shown on whatever PC it is running on.  If that is a different PC  than the SIM, then you have to set up the connections across the network LAN, which is why it is confusing. 

That is not a simple thing to do and should be avoided unless you are familiar with PC networks.

If you do go ahead with trying to run on a network, there is some guidance in the User's Guide and also another thread on how to make it work:

Dave

Thanks for your fast reply, Dave!

I have P2A working from the client to the SIM pc. When I change frequencie on Client, I can see it changing on my Pedestal. So connection has been made. The only thing I have to figure out now is the Joystick command as you mentioned via the link from HighFlyer525.

For this testing purpose I use the trail version. When it will work is it possible to reset my serial in order to keep on working via the client?

Thanks and best regards,
Ed

Ed Koorevaar

Hi Dave I succeed in getting it done, even without using the exe file. Just by using FSUIPC and making some lines in the FSUIPC wideview.ini.  I have now a client with P2A on it that interacts niceley with the SIM. I even have the switch on the SIM Yoke connecting back to P2A to use the MIC.

I sent you a PM in which I would ask you to reset the license so I can use P2A on the client pc now

Thanks and regards,
Ed

Ed Koorevaar

Looking at the possibility of using Pilot2ATC  w a networked notebook; so that I can understand things a lil better, would I need -2- licenses of Multiplicity, one each for both computers?

Thanks,

Mike