Sign in to follow this  
krono

Pilot2ATC on Networked Machine

Unless things have changed, one license covers the host and client.  But if their site doesn't explain it that way, then you should ask the question on their forum, since it's their license.

Dave

I had to reload P2A on a new drive due to a crash. Previously I had PTT networked and it was working.  I am now on P3d V4.5 and FSUIPC6.  Following the directions in the user manual in the Docs folder (which I believe was the same procedure I followed previously) I set up FSUIPC6 on the SIM machine - set up a button on my Yoke for KEYSEND 1-255 (WideFS) 1/2 w/ 'Select for FS Control' ticked.

I inserted text in the WideClient.ini file under 'Users' on the P2ATC computer. 
  KeySend1=123,16 ; Click F12
  KeySend2=123,24 ; Release F12
  UseSendInput=Yes

Then set the F12 button as the default PTT Hot Key in P2A in the Conifg page.  No luck.

W/ the recent discussion in this thread about other software I'm thinking maybe this newer version of FSUIPC (the User Guide notes FSUIPC4) no longer supports the networked PTT function for P2A.  Note - P2A does connect to the P3D so I know WideClient (which is also connected) is functioning for that part of the process.  Do I need to purchase a program such as Multiplicity - maybe there is another program others have tried?  Is see a user wrote a program for X-Plane, does anyone know if that exits for P3D V.4 or V5?  Thank you!

Edit - I have confirmed that I have a registered version of both FSUIPC and WideClient.  All other functions of P2A work w/ networked sim. The FSUIPC6.ini file has the following code on the SIM computer:

11=P0,0,C1006,1     -{KEYSEND 1 for WideFS}-
12=U0,0,C1006,2     -{KEYSEND 2 for WideFS}-

Here's how it looks in the WideClient.ini on the P2A computer.

[User]
Log=Errors+
KeySend1=123,16 ; Click F12
KeySend2=123,24 ; Release F12
UseSendInput=Yes

Note - when I push F12 on my P2A keyboard the PTT button illuminates.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Steinmetz

On 12/6/2020 at 7:35 PM, Chuck Steinmetz said:

the recent discussion in this thread about other software I'm thinking maybe this newer version of FSUIPC (the User Guide notes FSUIPC4) no longer supports the networked PTT function for P2A.

No. I am using FSUIPC6 and my settings for this, carried over from FSUIPC5 (and FSUIPC4 before that) are working fine, with similar settings to yours.

As noted in the thread you started over in the FSUIPC Support Forum, I am using Windows 7 on the P2A networked PC. I have noticed some hot key problems when the focus is elsewhere on Win10 systems, but I've no idea why as they've been with programs other than mine.

I suggested there some things to test, and also asked for a log.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

On 11/8/2015 at 10:53 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

I've had several folks asking how to run Pilot2ATC on a second PC.  Several have been successful too!

If you have the full (paid) version of FSUIPC, Ken's solution above should work.  I haven't tried it, but because Pilot2ATC interacts with the SIMs via FSUIPC, I think it should work.  You will still have to be sure and connect your headset to the machine running Pilot2ATC if you want to interact verbally with the controllers.

If you're willing to have a keyboard key or button on a separate joystick for your PTT button and have the X-Plane or P3D/FSX sounds come from the speakers of the SIM machine, here are some general instructions to get you going even if you don't have the full version of FSUIPC:

1- Install WideFS/WIdeClient on the remote machine according to the instructions on the FSUIPC site

2- Do a full install of Pilot2ATC on the remote machine

3- Connect your headset to the remote machine and be sure that it is set as the default recording device

4- On the Joystick tab of the Config window in Pilot2ATC, set a keyboard key as the PTT button.

OR

4a- Connect a joystick or similar device with a button to the remote PC and set a Joystick button  on that device as the PTT

5-Configure the SIM (X-Plane or FSX/P3D) to output its sound to the speakers of the main machine

This should do it.  If you want to try this, you can just download the full Pilot2ATC Trial to your remote machine and use the 15 day free trial to test it out.  If you want to permanently move your license to the remote machine, just drop me an email and I'll be glad to reset your license to allow a new activation on the remote machine.

Dave

Dave,

This is will not work for me. I have a USB Headset Mic combo and can only have the headset plugged into the MAIN SIM PIC. How do I run P2A on a Networked PC and get me voice heard to ATC?

Scott

P2ATC must run on a PC with a WIndows sound input default device....microphone.  

There are programs that allow you to hear sound from a networked PC.  However, I am not aware of any that would let you fool the client PC into thinking a microphone is attached.  Also, I don't know of any that would send your voice over to P2A to make requests, etc.

Most network setups have the headset plugged into the client and use the network sound software to hear the SIM sounds like engines, etc.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Running X-Plane 11.55

I have had to settle on assigning the spacebar as the PTT key on the client computer for the time being because the buttons on my Brunner CLSE-E NG are not recognized by Pilot2ATC even though I followed the setup instructions.

The PTT Sender recognizes the 2 buttons from my yoke when I assign them but that's it, Pilot2ATC does not see when I press the PTT button.  I tested with a button on my Bravo throttle and it is recognized by Pilot2ATC so there definitely is an issue with the Brunner yoke for some reason.  All apps are allowed through the firewall on both PC's.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas why that one device isn't working.  P2A uses the standard Windows mechanisms to sense what devices are installed and Windows Events to determine when a button or key is pressed.  Could be a problem with that device's Windows drivers or something at that level.

Dave 

Okay, thanks Dave.  I will keep working to see if I can resolve the issue.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Dave,

The CLS-E NG yoke appeared for a brief moment on the PTT Receiver app then disappeared.  Is there any way to for Pilot2ATC to be programmed so that it can connect via the network to the Brunner CLS2Sim program on the simulator computer?

Thanks,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Dave,

Got P2A working on a network with two windows machines even with PTT-Joytick-button.

Now I want to connect P2A with an installation of X-Plane running on a linux-system. Is there a way to do that, because XPUIPC only works in windows?

Thank you

Tom

On 11/25/2015 at 12:18 AM, krono said:

Oi

Eu deveria ter adicionado isso antes. Multiplicidade é por edgerunner, o endereço está abaixo

http://edgerunner.com/multiplicity

Ken

Please help me because I paid for this software and I can't transmit audio... I can access the computer, see the screen, do anything on the secondary but the audio doesn't send at all. In the firewall the ports and software are all released

Edited by LexNobre
Error edit

I don't know what you mean by "transmit audio" but if you run Pilot2ATC on a networked machine, your headset has to be connected to the networked machine.  If you want a button on your SIM to be used as a PTT, you have to do some additional setup.

The user's guide gives some ways to set up, but there are others mentioned here on this forum.  A lot more detail on your setup would be required for anyone to be able to try and help.

Dave

I'm just going to throw in a FYI into the mix regarding sim audio and networked P2A install audio.

This is now entirely possible in the same headset these days. I have the Arctis 9's and they support simultaneous bluetooth and wireless receiver input from different sources and voice output to different sources (there are other headsets that do this now too). I have bluetooth turned on in the laptop and wireless headset dongle plugged into PC and this works perfectly. Just thought I'd share that in case anyone wants to do likewise without the hassle of software or additional hardware such as mini mixing desks etc. Hope it helps someone.