Sign in to follow this  
Kerrydancer

Saitek X52 loss of control on landing

Hi,

I loaded the MD11 (fsx version) some time ago and all went well until recently, when I suffered a complete loss of joystick control on landing.  I'm using the Saitek X52 Pro. 

The MD11 constantly now slews to the right as soon as I turn off onto the taxiway and is difficult to control properly with the joystick as more than just a touch of excessive corrective input causes a severe slew to the left as well.  As a result I'm heading down the taxiways like a drunken duck.

In an effort to cure this, I removed the plane, removed fsx and re-installed both, but the problem persists after every flight now, and both the software and drivers have been updated from the Saitek site.

The problem does not appear with any other aircraft including the PMDG 747 or 777 - only with the MD11.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could help with this as it's driving me nuts.

Ron

For some reason, it happens to me also, but is not linked to a specific aircraft. I use the x52 and on a dozen occasions, loss of control happens towards the end of the flight - even though the lights stay illuminated on the Saitek.

The only quick workaround is I simply unplug and replug the USB connection and it fixes it.

Mario Di Lauro

Just a thought, but if you were using auto flight previously for say,an ILS acquisition, you need 2 clicks on the cancel switch to isolate the localiser.  Maybe nothing in this case, but worth pointing out...

Lin

If you problem is related to your Joystick "falling asleep", you should go into windows power management and disable the USB selective suspend option.

However, it sounds like you do have some joystick control.... so how are you assigning/calibrating your joystick ?   .... FSX controls or FSUIPC or Saitek software ?

Peter Schluter

lincrun,

You're absolutely correct.  I was completely forgetting to switch off the autopilot before turn-off onto the taxiway.

Flying too many Boeings !!

Many thanks for your solution.

Ron