Sign in to follow this  
Guest GCBarni

FS2004 seems to be slowing down

Hi all, I have been running FS2004 since it came out. I fly allot. I have noticed my computer performance in FS seems to be maybe not slower but kind of stuttering. My system is a Dell P4-3.06 with 1gig of ram, Radeon 9600 256meg video card, SBlive sound & 80gig SATA HD. I am running WinXP Home SP1. Most of my setting are middle of the road running 1024 X 768 resolution. I get 30FPS but I have noticed these stutters. Not always turning. Just flying straight ahead there will be this little pause. I have 3 spyware programs telling me everything is fine. I have very few services running. I have checked for viruses with 2 different virus programs. Where do I go from here? (besides mad) Thanks.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Including the three spyware programs, have you scanned your system with Hijack This? I find more and more spyware is evading the traditional scanners.Also, if you are a moderate user of add-ons, you may be ready for a defrag. You may wish to think about any add-ons you've added that may be changing your performance, if you can remember any specific instant when things took a turn for the worse.-John

Guest cliff

How can I learn to "Rebuild your fs9.cfg file" ?Cliff

Guest ThrottleUp

If Im not mistaken you can rebuild your FS9.cfg file by deleting it.FS9 will then build a new one when you next start FS9.However double-check me on that cuz Im not certain :)

1. Rename it to bu_fs9.cfg or whatever you like. That leaves no fs9.cfg in the folder, only a backup.2. Restart fs and it will build a new one from scratch. Of course you lose every settings, key assignments and all, but at least you get a clean start to rebuild your settings.Hope this helps!Eagle

Guest GCBarni

Include the following in your adware/spyware scans if you haven't already....and I suggest others do so as well:The antispyware tool from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/productand the Ewido Suite free version:http://www.ewido.net/en/Using the MS product found a little begger on my system that Adaware, and others had missed. Ewido removed the balance of entries within the Windows backup / restore folders that the MS product doesn't find.NOTE: if the backup entries aren't removed too, then the next time you re-boot, the malware will reinstall.Hijackthis indicates entires, but you need to be extremely familiar with your legitimate files in order to determine which of said entries is malware.