Sign in to follow this  
chirag94

SID AND STARS

Hey guys,

SO I have been using FSC 9.4 to plan my routes and assign SID and STARS to the routes. I find that the option on FSC is very less while the FMC shows more options. This is espcially true when i'm flying in and out of JFK. Im using the FSDT add on scenery for JFK. Any solutions or fixes would be great! 

Thanks, 

C

Any solutions or fixes would be great!

This link will provide you with the same information that is in the FMC for SIDS and STARS in the United States. Link:http://www.fltplan.com/AwMainToApproachPlates.exe?CRN10=1&CARRYUNAME=PILOT&MODE=SEARCH&end=end. Outside of the U.S. I would use Navigraph for charts.

I have never worked with FSC 9.4 so I can't tell you anything about it but if it plans routes and exports them I would only set up a route between transitions and once the route is in the FMC you pick the SIDS and STARS.

Michael Cubine

SO I have been using FSC 9.4 to plan my routes and assign SID and STARS to the routes. I find that the option on FSC is very less while the FMC shows more options. This is espcially true when i'm flying in and out of JFK. Im using the FSDT add on scenery for JFK. Any solutions or fixes would be great!

Hi, chirag94,

FSC is useful for showing SIDs and STARs and giving you an idea of the ones you want depending on your direction of departure and of arrival.  It does not appear to be very comprehensive.  Just a note that FSC says not to save the SIDs or STARs in a PMDG flightplan.

As Michael C. said, you are better off looking at charts.  In addition to his suggestion there are US SID, STAR and approach charts at Flightaware.com for the U.S.  It also has many real world flightplans, including some international ones.  These usually include SIDs and STARs.  If you do a little googling, you will find approach and departure charts freely available for many airports around the world.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

If you do a little googling, you will find approach and departure charts freely available for many airports around the world.
Some of the ones I have found online are dated 2005, 2006, etc and don't match the information currently in the FMC database. Even Navigraph only updates their charts four times a year. I know at RJAA the STARS were changed but I had to wait 2 months on Navigraph to issue new charts which included the current STARS. If it was in the FMC but not on a chart there was no way to correctly descend into RJAA. I had to make custom STARS until I got the new charts.

Some of the ones I have found online are dated 2005, 2006, etc and don't match the information currently in the FMC database. Even Navigraph only updates their charts four times a year. I know at RJAA the STARS were changed but I had to wait 2 months on Navigraph to issue new charts which included the current STARS. If it was in the FMC but not on a chart there was no way to correctly descend into RJAA. I had to make custom STARS until I got the new charts.

Here are a few I've found.  Many can be found via VATSIM's various regions but you don't have to be a member to access their web sites.

Australia:

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/dap/AeroProcChartsTOC.htm

Germany:

http://www.vacc-sag.org/airport/

France:

http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/html/frameset_aip_fr.htm

U.K.

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=6&Itemid=13.html

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I recently started using PFPX for flight planning and discovered that it provides a very powerful flight planner including the selection of terminal procedures. What I especially like is the visual mapping of the procedures route and the drop down text box that is populated with either appropriate procedure or all procedures, depending on how you are building the route.  One shortcut I use is to start my flight plan at the destination and build the route backwards from there to perhaps a track exit point or midpoint then build the route from the origin to where I left off. Love it.

Dan Downs KCRP