Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

GTN 750 in PC-12

I don't know if anybody is still interested, but I purchased the GTN750 today and tested the fps impact. When replacing the default GPS with the GTN750 (using the above mod) then is has absolutely no fps impact. I compared it like for like (using the same scenerio) to the default GPS and it really has no impact at all. Amazing! Only when you pop up the 2D panel then fps drop by 2-3 fps which is rather insignificant. This unit is really amazing. And with the above mentioned mod you can even use the touch screen in the VC without having to pop up the 2D panel.

Very good to hear. Definitely have this bird in my sights!

what exactly do I have to do in the F1gtn utility? seems like there is alot of options.

Kacper Nowotynski

Kaspern83

You are correct, there are a lot of options. They will personalize your GTN 750 display. You do not need to choose any to create the pop up windows. Simply run the utility for the panel you want and it will automatically set up the pop ups with the default settings in the GTN 750.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Hi all,

I've recently bought the Flight 1 GTN and have also looked into the panel configs.

I'm using slightly different settings to Greg - I want the GTN's full display shown within the 530 display screen, although this means the scale is incorrect, i.e. the screen is wider than it should be. However, this allows the entire display to be shown, so you can see your radios/click your back buttons etc. Please follow instructions as before, changing under Vcockpit01:

gauge03=F1GTN!GTN750, 538,  17, 485,283,UNIT1.VC
gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750, 538,390, 485,283,UNIT2.VC

Tried them autogyro and they work great. I was close with my settings b ut yours are a lot better.  Thanks

Hi all,

I've recently bought the Flight 1 GTN and have also looked into the panel configs.

I'm using slightly different settings to Greg - I want the GTN's full display shown within the 530 display screen, although this means the scale is incorrect, i.e. the screen is wider than it should be. However, this allows the entire display to be shown, so you can see your radios/click your back buttons etc. Please follow instructions as before, changing under Vcockpit01:

gauge03=F1GTN!GTN750, 538,  17, 485,283,UNIT1.VC
gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750, 538,390, 485,283,UNIT2.VC

Can you post a screenshot? I am using FSX Acceleration still because Reality Xp does not work with Steam edition but if the Flight1 works in the PC-12 I will move to FSX Steam

BqtLSv7.jpg

hs6pLuT.jpg

And yes, the touchscreen features do work - i.e. I can still press on the screen in the virtual cockpit to set all the functions.

Hi,

Anyone interested in a tweaked VC texture. I tried to make the GNS530 look a little more like the GTN750. Hopefully Carenado will come with an update to add the Flight GTN750. Let me know and I will find a way to share the textures.

image.png

Hi,

Anyone interested in a tweaked VC texture. I tried to make the GNS530 look a little more like the GTN750. Hopefully Carenado will come with an update to add the Flight GTN750. Let me know and I will find a way to share the textures.

Very nice!  I'd love to have that update.

Rich

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Hi,

Download these 3 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2xsulcufueb67d3/AADdEbDMjJyzINiMIXK59ZFQa?dl=0

Make sure you backup your existing VC textures! Replace with the files in destination: 

Flightsim folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12\Texture.Common

Enjoy!

Very nice!

You can also add these files to one of the texture folders (for example texture.2) and only that paint will get the GTN treatment.  Also make a duplicate panel folder and call it panel.gtn.

In the aircraft.cfg file you can have several versions

panel=

texture=1

for the original

panel=gtn

texture=2

for the gtn version

Bert

Also try these coordinates for the VC placement (avoids drawing the bezel..)

gauge03=F1GTN!GTN750VC, 598,  -23, 345,305,UNIT1
gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC, 598,350, 345,305,UNIT2

Bert

Thanks To Maelstrom Aviation and Bert for the new updates. I will try them.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Link is down. :(

Hi,

Download these 3 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2xsulcufueb67d3/AADdEbDMjJyzINiMIXK59ZFQa?dl=0

Make sure you backup your existing VC textures! Replace with the files in destination: 

Flightsim folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12\Texture.Common

Enjoy!

This is extremely appreciated. Thank you. :) However Maelstrom's link to the bezel texture has been deleted... It boggles the mind why Carenado doesn't create an updated model for these new GPS units as a paid upgrade option like Milviz has for their aircraft.

Andrew Walker

Hello, I just the other day picked up the PC-12 and have incorporated the wonderful changes that have been provided. I do have the GTN 750's installed however is there any other location that I can download the bezel. I tried the dropbox link and it is not working