Sign in to follow this  
JGSJW

The Dem4Km.bgl’ file is missing or Damaged. Please Re-install

“The Dem4Km.bgl’ file is missing or Damaged. Please Re-install Flight Simulator to restore or repair the file. Flight Simulator will now quit.”

When I try to do this I am unable to carry this out. Can someone send me the Dem4Km.bgl' and tell me how to install it correctly? I have the full set but I am stumped.

JGSJW

It's in the fs9/scenery/base subdirectory - you just drop it in there.  Nothing I am aware of can make it disappear of damage it.  Take a look at the scenery directory and see if it has gone missing or if your scenery.cfg file no longer references the subdirectory.

DJ

I have tried looking in scenery.cfg and Scenery.dat and SceneryStatus.DAT using the ctrl f  search tool without success

Look in scenery.cfg - unless it is corrupted then Area.002 should be 'Scenery\BASE', if it isn't that's your problem.  Then go to (FS9)\scenery\base and see if the file is actually there.  If it isn't then you can copy the file itself into the directory that I referenced - the file is on one of your install disks and there should be a reference on the site that lists the contents of each disk.  Unfortunately I can never remember where the heck it is.

DJ

fs9cddir.zip by Brian Collins, available here and/or flightsim, give location of all files on FS9 CDs.

Colin B

Thankyou to all of the efforts to help me but I am in way over my head . Someone even provided me with one of these
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...566-dem4km-bgl. But I don,t know what to do with it.
My disk three wont let me into the cabinet 8.....nothing I try will open it. It just sits there clicking back and forth.
I don't have a BASE Folder after FS9 but I have the Scenery.cfg and I can get down to the .002 Base .
If I ever get my hands on the Dem4km.bgl file do I simply paste it into the Scenery.cfg and then duck under my desk?
I have all of these great people sending me valuable pieces but I can't put it together so far. My screen doesn't show me a folder layout that matches yours.

I  have found the FS9\Scenery\BASE\Dem4Km.bgl’    mislocated in another area  and  I have relocated it to the correct position. However when I start the sim it gives me the same message claiming that the Dem4Km.bgl' is either  missing or damaged.

Since the number three disk will not allow me to open it and obtain another copy I  am trying to obtain one from Flightsim.com but they show that it is not available. Where else can I get a copy?