Sign in to follow this  
tombeckett2285

Custom Copilot Responses

Afternoon,

I have been looking at getting this software, reviews are very positive and I am impressed by the level of service offered by the devs. However, there is one major question I need answering before parting with my cash. Does MCE support or allow the use of custom recorded responses to the checklists? For example, can I record the phrase "Flaps 28 Set" and include it as a custom checklist response?

Thanks,

Tom

Afternoon,

I have been looking at getting this software, reviews are very positive and I am impressed by the level of service offered by the devs. However, there is one major question I need answering before parting with my cash. Does MCE support or allow the use of custom recorded responses to the checklists? For example, can I record the phrase "Flaps 28 Set" and include it as a custom checklist response?

Thanks,

Tom

Hello Tom,

The First Officer will reply with an appropriate response to whatever your checklist item is.

I don't think you can record your own custom responses to your checklist itms, in fact, I don't think there is a need to do this.

It is possible to have your own recordings that are triggered by a verbal action, but I would not think to use them in the checklist feature.

If you take a look at my video linked below, you will see I have made a full set of checklists for the A2A B17.  There are well over a dozen checklists for this aircraft.  Many items are unusual, in that they refer to a WW2 Flying Fortress, yet Trav handles them all easily.

Take a look at how Trav answers the checklist items. Also not how I utilise his efforts to synchronise an engine start up, using the "pause checklist" command.

Hopefully the video will answer some of your questions? B)

Best Regards

David

can I record the phrase "Flaps 28 Set" and include it as a custom checklist response?

You don't need to record it, as MCE would be using one of the recorded voice packs.

Just create your own checklist and include something like this

[ ] Flaps twenty eight    --    Set

Co-pilot will then say "flaps 28" and you reply "Set" or whatever else you want to write instead of "Set"

Thanks for the responses - the reason I wanted to record it myself is to make it more 'natural' sounding - I understand the limitations of the speech engine etc and how it strings together words to create phrases, hence why I would have preferred the option to create my own.

Tom

Thanks for the responses - the reason I wanted to record it myself is to make it more 'natural' sounding - I understand the limitations of the speech engine etc and how it strings together words to create phrases, hence why I would have preferred the option to create my own.

Tom

If you don't mind co-pilot not checking anything, you could achieve what you had in mind as follows.

Create a custom voice commands, say to trigger the checklist.

Example: New custom command in Voxscript "read before takeoff checklist".

Then, as part of the flow, have all your custom recordings added one after the other, with pauses in between to give yourself time to check item status. It would be some kind of simulated checklist with your own audio. It's perfectly suitable for simpits where FO isn't able to check hardware switches.