Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

Would a 25" Monitor look good with Fsx?

Just found out my desk space is too small for a 27" monitor, so I was thinking of getting the LG 25UM64-S 25" monitor..

It is a 2560x1080 resolution so I was wondering if it will be a little off for fsx. I could get the 24" but this seems a little better? I currently have a 9 year old 19" which I need to get rid of.

I have a new rig with a Nvidia GTX 770 2gb superclocked so it should be ok.

As usual any thoughts and or comments are really appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Kindest regards.

Forshaw.

Just found out my desk space is too small for a 27" monitor, so I was thinking of getting the LG 25UM64-S 25" monitor..

It is a 2560x1080 resolution so I was wondering if it will be a little off for fsx. I could get the 24" but this seems a little better? I currently have a 9 year old 19" which I need to get rid of.

I have a new rig with a Nvidia GTX 770 2gb superclocked so it should be ok.

As usual any thoughts and or comments are really appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Kindest regards.

Forshaw.

2GB inst a whole lot of Vram for that high of a resolution. I'd consider a 1080p moniter they look nearly as good and you will get a higher frame rate at 1920X1080 than you would at 2560X1080

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

2GB will be plenty.  I would expect you  might see only a 10-15% reduction in frame rates AT MOST with the additional 33% more pixels.  Your 770 will handle most of the additional work internally with little effort.  I run 3 x 1080P monitors with my GTX-780Ti Superclocked/ACX with only 3GB of memory, which is all these awesome cards come with.  My 780Ti Superclocked is faster than many of the TITAN cards without overclocking.  You will have no trouble.  I have everything in FSX set to 100%, EVERYTHING, and I still get great frame rates for the most part. I did go into New York City once with my Ultra-Res Scenery from MegaEarthScenery as well as a bunch of highly detailed airport add-ins for the NYC regional airports, and with the thousands of cars, boats, and planes all around me my frame rate dropped to 7-8FPS.  It's usually 17-30FPS (I have target set to 30fps) with the average around 19-20fps.  I do most of my flying in very busy areas with ultra-scenery add-ons.  When I am out in the normal FSX over most of the world I get 25-30FPS most of the time.. 

Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it. This is good to know and it makes sense. I actually found a 27" ultra slim frame that will just fit my space with  just a "strand of hair" clearance. ASUS MX279H -27' ISP 5ms 1920x1080 which is a pretty good monitor. There is an AOC which is close but I think the ASUS is a litter better.

So, keeping with 1920x1080 and getting IPS with 5ms. For Flight Sim I really don't need an "Ultra Gaming Monitor" (1ms and 144 Hz refresh rate).

Thanks again.

Best Regards.

2GB will be plenty.  I would expect you  might see only a 10-15% reduction in frame rates AT MOST with the additional 33% more pixels.  Your 770 will handle most of the additional work internally with little effort.  I run 3 x 1080P monitors with my GTX-780Ti Superclocked/ACX with only 3GB of memory, which is all these awesome cards come with.  My 780Ti Superclocked is faster than many of the TITAN cards without overclocking.  You will have no trouble.  I have everything in FSX set to 100%, EVERYTHING, and I still get great frame rates for the most part. I did go into New York City once with my Ultra-Res Scenery from MegaEarthScenery as well as a bunch of highly detailed airport add-ins for the NYC regional airports, and with the thousands of cars, boats, and planes all around me my frame rate dropped to 7-8FPS.  It's usually 17-30FPS (I have target set to 30fps) with the average around 19-20fps.  I do most of my flying in very busy areas with ultra-scenery add-ons.  When I am out in the normal FSX over most of the world I get 25-30FPS most of the time.. 

Hi, thanks for your input it does make me feel a little better in the event I may need to move to a higher resolution. WOW 3x 1080P that's great. I am going to stick with 1920x1080 for now. I have most of my sliders set to 100% and I have my FPS set to 30 and I rarely get below 15 flying into NYC using 3rd. party add-on for KJFK Airport scenery which is good.

Thanks again for your input.

Forshaw.