Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Flight Replicas DH.114 Heron

I have bought this plane and installed it in both FSX and P3D2. It's a pretty nice aircraft, by the way. Everything works in FSX, but in P3D2 I have noticed that when landing there are no bump/screech sounds when you land and contact the runway. The sounds are there in FSX but not P3D2. I rechecked Flight Replica's web site and confirmed that it is advertised as compatible with P3D2. There does not seem to be a forum on their site for support. Has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

While awaiting a response, I can provide the following of my experience with this aeroplane:

1) It is advertised as being compatible with FSX Acceleration and P3D2

2) However, there is only one downlink, and it is labeled FSX.

3) The downlink contains only an installer for FSX; there is no P3D2 installer

4) As there was no P3D2 installer, and no instructions on how to install in P3D2, I used the EMT. At first all seemed to work fine, though I noticed that the interior and panel were quite dark, as compared with the FSX version. At times it was difficult to actually make out the throttle levers on the middle console.

5) And as noted previously, there is no sound when the landing gears contact the runway. On further flying I noticed that the sound seems to be there, but it is so faint that it is barely audible under the engine noise.

This is not to say that this is not a really good addon in FSX. Great textures on the VC; most switches and levers are simulated; and good flight dynamics. And apart from the two issues I have noted  above, it is also quite good in P3D2.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Mike "CYUL" is a good guy. You should shoot him an email, I understand that is the way he does support. Thanks for ypur mini review :) !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam