Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

First Time Plane Spotting - Caught Korean Air 777-200ER!

I have loved airplanes since I was a kid but apart from airshows I never just went out to plane spot until today.  Went with my dad and best friend to KDFW-Dallas/Fort Worth Int.    I do professional photowork, usually with pretty ladies but I tried my hand at aircraft photography today.   I took a lot of shots and I am very happy with the results.    We even got lucky and had a Korean Air 777-200ER land right in front of us!   A lot American Airlines traffic this morning.   Here are a few shots from the day!  Hope you like them!   

777-200ER.jpg

KOREAN AIR BOEING 777-200ER

777-200ER-2.jpg

KOREAN AIR BOEING 777-200ER

ERJ-145.jpg

AMERICAN EAGLE EMBRAER ERJ-145

American-01.jpg

UPS-MD11.jpgUPS MD-11

Virgin-Atlantic1.jpg

SA-226-2.jpg

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Nice shots. Any info on technical side, i.e. camera, lens, setting, f/stop, etc, etc?

You were lucky that at KDFW you have such unrestricted views.

Nice shots. Any info on technical side, i.e. camera, lens, setting, f/stop, etc, etc?

You were lucky that at KDFW you have such unrestricted views.

The airport built a place called The Founder's Plaza on the northwest side of the airport that sits like right there on runway 18R.   It was awesome.

I shot with a Canon 7D with a kit lens 75-300mm 3.5/5.6 lens.   I shot most of these at 300mm  ISO 400-800 (mostly cloudy day by the sun kept going in and out of cloud breaks) @1/500 shutter speed and just left the aperture at 5.6 the whole day.  Due to the humidity definitely had take this into my studio workstation and clean up the atmospheric haze quite a bit.

Really nice shots man! I too am a planespotter :) Just one thing - it's a CRJ-700 and not an E145 :)

Those little regionals all look the same to me... T_T  Does that make me a plane racist?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy