Sign in to follow this  
abasa12

YVR Spotting Photos

A few more for you guys from the past couple of weeks...

Korean Airlines 72 | 777-200ER | October 18th

igX61iUIyRUPl.jpg

Air Transat 254 | A330-200 | October 18th

ibm4ukllVqX9E1.jpg

Nice shots, Derek. Love the Air Transat A330.

Were you able to take many pictures in all the nice weather we've had?

Cheers!

Joel

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Thanks! I have tons more on Instagram, by the way. As for shots - I've done my best. I have to say, though, shooting in cloudy weather is often way more fun than in sunny weather. But the South Terminal gets pretty cold in the tailings of a typhoon :D.

If you want to see any more, feel free to ask. Unfortunately, with things getting busier after the summer, I haven't been able to go out as often, but I've gone a few times in the past four or so weeks.

Typhoon? We haven't even seen a storm yet this year.  lol.. Too funny,.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I know. Everyone was saying it was the tailings of the typhoon, but it was actually pretty dry for most of the day. And then suddenly it got rather less dry.

Beautiful pics Derek, I try to get over to YVR as often as I can.  Being there in real life is quite the experience when the aircraft land nearby but you have captured what we all look for when watching the aircraft in your amazing pictures.

\Robert Hamlich/

Wow ... lots of us CYVR folk. Robert and I met at the AVSIM meet in Victoria a few years ago, and it might be fun for all of us to meet some time ....

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Agreed! And thanks again for the comments. If you by any chance have requests of planes to catch, feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to get a shot of it. (Or DM me on Instargam at www.instagram.com/dmairplane)

Hi Joel,

I think that's a great idea.  Maybe we can meet at the Flying Beaver on the south side of the airport.

\Robert Hamlich/

Derek,

Absolutely beautiful shots! This has always been something I wanted to get into.

I agree with some of the others. I wouldn't mind doing a meet-up at YVR. :)

Cheers,

Sante Sottile

Looks like there are a good number of YVR people here, I too am YVR based, and get out to YVR when I can and usually I'll be at the airport watching certain planes come and go for research purposes for projects I work on at PMDG.

YVR was recently named to the top 5 liveable airports, Changi once again is in the number 1 spot according to a travel website "Sleeping in Airports".

Maybe I'll bump into you guys one day at YVR...

Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64