Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Aerosoft Airbus vs. Rookie

Persevere Pe11e - I was a pure Project Airbus 320 series simmer for a long, long time, with no payware aircraft at all. I cracked after being fed up of not being called a retard when I landed  :P . So I bought the Aerosoft A320/321 (this is all in P3D but it shouldn't make any difference). I too hoped that I could just fire an FSX/P3D flight planner created plan at the FMC but it wasn't so. So I took the time to do the (very good) tutorial and realised that, with the checklists and co-pilot on, it really wasn't that difficult. I now start from cold and dark, and yes does take longer than in the PA320 to get going, but quite a lot of that is just waiting for the INS to align.

In respect of a flight plan, you may want to get a flight planner of some sort. I quickly got bored of trying to find the routes on the net, and keying them all in. So I bought PFPX, which I now use for planning. It's easy to use and has a pretty good interface - better than EFB and miles better than FSCommander, and best of all it exports directly to the Aerosoft Airbus format.

But then you get into the problems of nav data AIRAC cycles...  :lol:

Thanks all for suggestions!

I'm currently in FSX reading Vol.6 and I'm stuck with entering flight plan, having a problem to find Airways for INN waypoint, it takes very short time to become frustrated. :) So even with good tutorial, I'm stuck.

 Browse (using the button with arrow showing up) to RTT and push the respective LSK L next to RTT
 Enter INN into the scratchpad and push the respective LSK 3R next to NEXT WPT
 Select INN = LSK1L
 Browse (using the button with arrow showing up or down) to INN and push the respective LSK L next to INN
 Select AIRWAYS = LSK5R

It's very easy but somehow I've got stuck and can't find any airways for INN. Slected INN, then AIRWAYS, and there is a blank screen only to enter VIA with a scratchpad, no single airway to select.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out! :)

Persevere Pe11e - I was a pure Project Airbus 320 series simmer for a long, long time, with no payware aircraft at all. I cracked after being fed up of not being called a retard when I landed  :P . So I bought the Aerosoft A320/321 (this is all in P3D but it shouldn't make any difference). I too hoped that I could just fire an FSX/P3D flight planner created plan at the FMC but it wasn't so. So I took the time to do the (very good) tutorial and realised that, with the checklists and co-pilot on, it really wasn't that difficult. I now start from cold and dark, and yes does take longer than in the PA320 to get going, but quite a lot of that is just waiting for the INS to align.

In respect of a flight plan, you may want to get a flight planner of some sort. I quickly got bored of trying to find the routes on the net, and keying them all in. So I bought PFPX, which I now use for planning. It's easy to use and has a pretty good interface - better than EFB and miles better than FSCommander, and best of all it exports directly to the Aerosoft Airbus format.

But then you get into the problems of nav data AIRAC cycles...  :lol:

Me too! PA 320 was the best way to go, until the moment I was fed up with FDE and strange FBW. Somehow I've got used to ugly cockpit textures and no cockpit crew...

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Well on my tutorial flight, nothing worked as it should. It was climbing at 7000ft/min, climb checklist is grayed out, so automatically cruise checklist is also unavailable. Airplane didn't followed  entered CRZ altitude FL310, it continued to climb, so I must to bring it back down with selected alt mode. This is way too hard, because if you miss ONE item, the whole flight will go downhill. And I don't know what item I missed after take off, I was very busy panicking since the airplane was flying at 320kts and kept accelerating. Better to watch some YT videos and see what I missed. This is utterly frustrating, and AXE is not complex addon, lol.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Well on my tutorial flight, nothing worked as it should. It was climbing at 7000ft/min, climb checklist is grayed out, so automatically cruise checklist is also unavailable. Airplane didn't followed  entered CRZ altitude FL310, it continued to climb, so I must to bring it back down with selected alt mode. 

Make dam sure you have no trim settings applied to any hardware such as applying trim to a throttle quadrant handle - I have found that this bird and actually many others will not work - even my hawker works correctly now after deleting trim from an axis - I assigned that to a toggle switch on my saitek throttle quadrant which you dont use much anyway as you should be in a manged mode anyway

Rich Sennett

Make dam sure you have no trim settings applied to any hardware such as applying trim to a throttle quadrant handle - I have found that this bird and actually many others will not work - even my hawker works correctly now after deleting trim from an axis - I assigned that to a toggle switch on my saitek throttle quadrant which you dont use much anyway as you should be in a manged mode anyway

Hmmmm must check that. Anyway what in the world trim have with the ALT CRZ, CLB, or checklists? :D

Hmmmm must check that. Anyway what in the world trim have with the ALT CRZ, CLB, or checklists? :D

None of those will work correctly if you have trim assigned - been there done that countless hours of airbus not work as it should - guess what eliminate that it works not saying this is your problem - just passing my learning's on - do you have trim assigned to something ?

Rich Sennett

None of those will work correctly if you have trim assigned - been there done that countless hours of airbus not work as it should - guess what eliminate that it works not saying this is your problem - just passing my learning's on - do you have trim assigned to something ?

Awesome, never thought of trim until you told me to check it. I'm still not sure do I have it assigned to an axis, must check. I will be pretty  frustrated (I already am pretty much) if I didn't assigned trim to any axis, means that I must solve this problem in a hard way.

One thing that annoys me pretty much is a strict linearity with bith fs2crew and AXE checklists. If you skip one single item, you can't proceed, or neither skip it. I expect some degree of flexibility, not none at all. If I didn't get everything right for climb or cruise checklist, everything after that will be unavailable,ruining the whole flight.

Awesome, never thought of trim until you told me to check it. I'm still not sure do I have it assigned to an axis, must check. I will be pretty  frustrated (I already am pretty much) if I didn't assigned trim to any axis, means that I must solve this problem in a hard way.

Let me know how you make out - most people do assign a trim control on a piece of hardware - big mistake on these managed birds

Rich Sennett

As an alternate to PFPX, there's always Simbrief which will give you a pretty accurate routing with optional plans. Fuel Planner and also the ability to export to the bus. I use it on pretty much all my payware. and it's free, just need to register.

http://www.simbrief.com/home/

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Make sure that all the items in the autopilot are in 'managed' mode - ie with a dot next to them by pushing the knob. If you forget that then trying to follow the tutorial won't work. Keep trying though, it took me a number of goes to complete a flight...

Make sure that all the items in the autopilot are in 'managed' mode - ie with a dot next to them by pushing the knob. If you forget that then trying to follow the tutorial won't work. Keep trying though, it took me a number of goes to complete a flight...

I'm quite sure all the items were in the managed (left click - push) mode. One thing that was very strange is that the airplane took off like a rocket at TOGA setting, few seconds after rotate I was already at 180kts, and even CP didn't retracted the flaps, I barely managed to retract them at 200kts, it was accelerating like mad. The payload was 59 tons (70 tons is MTOW), so the aircraft was heavy pretty much.

I'm quite sure all the items were in the managed

Did you have your trim assigned to hardware ? is it fixed now 

Rich Sennett

Make dam sure you have no trim settings applied to any hardware

Rich,

I don't have this problem, so you may want to look into things a little deeper.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Rich,

I don't have this problem, so you may want to look into things a little deeper.

All I did was remove one of my throttle handles from trim axis - all works great go figure - loving my Hawker now works super

Rich Sennett

Checked it out, no trim axis assigned. Going to have another go now on a full flight, watched some videos on YT, they say much more than the Vol.6 tutorial.