Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Making AI "disappear" with hot key

Hi Everyone

After weeks of frustration, I am now starting to feel like my FS9 reinstall is in the last stages and it is once again possible to fly instead of just install and tweak!!! But as always, there are those "missing files" that I installed years ago, took for granted, and now can't find where I got them from. One is perhaps called "traffic zapper" or some such name and allowed a key press to suddenly eliminate AI traffic (with a somewhat satisfying explosion sound)... It's not that I have a desire to explode innocent AI airplanes and their artificially intelligent crews and passengers, but sometimes when you are landing and are about to be destroyed by a collision that the native ATC doesn't prevent, it's the only option. Can anyone tell me what the file is I need to install and where to find it?
Thanks

Ian

Bruce53, your quite right; traffic zapper is part of FSUIPC.  Good to use on landing when an AI plane is just about to land in front of you, and you really don't have the time for a go around!

It was FSUIPC. Problem solved - thanks guys

Cheers

Ian

There are two useful traffic functions with a paid fsuipc user registered version.

The first as mentioned is the zapper that nukes ai within a certain distance and heading of your aircraft nose. The second allows you to use a hot key to toggle between two ai percentages. If one is zero all is killed. This also refreshes ai which comes in handy after weather pattern rewrites to FS's weather engine and also quickly updates ATIS weather. It also gets rid of the first mad ai departure rush and arrival clump both cases of ai catching up to schedules when FS first starts ai as determined in your default flight and when you first load your saved or created FS flight.

Finally don't forget to set up the handy "tiller" function is FSUIPC so you yaw sensitivity reduced below a certain IAS to make taxi steering less senstive. I also have my yaw axis curve setup so sensitivity is less in the center control area but retains full sensitivity at the control limits to provide full yaw authority when needed.

Thankyou for the HU guys. I nearly split my sides the first time I zapped an AI. :lol:

Wonderful! Pete Dowson a all time FS hero.  :Applause: