Sign in to follow this  
MED1473

OFF SCHED DESC

Hello everybody,

while in the initial climb today I reached my set altitude on the MCP then dipped below it (~500ft) and then climber again. The "OFF SCHED DESC" light illuminated on the air con panel and an amber warning with the text AIR CON illuminated on the MCP. The cabin pressure is controllable but I cannot find the way to reset the warning even after consulting the QRH. Any advice?

Also my left autopilot has stopped working even though the right is operative. Could this be related? The only doubt I've got is that this was the second sector and I didn't reset the flight so could it be a bug?

Thank you

Ok the lx A/P failure is my first service/random failure. Going through the QRH now. I was able to clear the off sched desc via the FS2Crew emergency checklist but it's still not clear what is the procedure.

Off schedule descent - you didn't set the cruise alt in your pressurization panel correctly. No biggie. Set the cruise alt in 3 places: FMC, MCP, and the pressurization panel.

As to the autopilot, maybe your joystick broke the interconnect.

Matt Cee

You'll get off schedule descent when you start a descent before reaching the altitude set in the overhead panel. This commonly happens in the real plane when when you set that altitude to a step climb altitude but end up not doing the step for whatever reason. It typically gets forgotten until you start the descent and the light comes on. We will then just reset the altitude on the overhead to the current or lower altitude and the light goes out.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg