Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Saab340

Just wondering if any thought has ever been given to the Saab. I bet it could be as popular as your J41. I spent a few years flying the Saab and still have fond memories of it. It's a very versatile aircraft. The company I flew for operated it into gravel in the arctic as short as 3500 feet and yet going into a busy place you could easily hold 200+kts till the glideslope came alive if needed. Cheers,

Dave

Hello Dave,

There's a study sim Saab 340A for X-Plane 10 by Leading Edge Simulations. It's a great aircraft.

I would go crazy for a PMDG SAAB, as it is my favorite aircraft. Razbam is making one now though, and by the looks of things it should be out sometime next year. 

They'd definitely have a good resource a couple hangars down:

IMG_3061-EFFECTS.jpg

The poor SLAAB behind it is in multiple stages of deconstruction, but the Captain America (not the official term - that's what the pilots called them because of the overly-patriotic look) liveried one is mostly intact.

I think it would be cool, but I doubt very much that they'd be interested in doing it.

Kyle Rodgers

I think there is a market for it. Turbo props are popular these days. Look at the PMDG J41, Majestic's dash 8's, the ATR. Can you imagine a Saab done to the level of the PMDG 777? I bet it would do well.

They should do a Jetstream 3100 or a Super 3100. With no autopilot. That'd be nice!

I think there is a market for it. Turbo props are popular these days.

It's not the market for it that's the issue.  It's the opportunity cost of not doing something else that has a larger market...

Kyle Rodgers

I'd rather see PMDG do a in-depth simulation of the Pilatus PC-12 NG. That would be awesome.

Whatever PMDG does it will be good. The Saab is a nice fantasy but I hear you about going after a larger market.....plus there's the potential commercial market outside of fsx.

Dave

A SAAB 340 would be a great sim to have for enthusiasts, but it doesn't have the general appeal of a 737, 747 or 777. Therefore it's never going to give PMDG a return on the amount of effort they need to put in to maintain their high standards.

Anyway, if the next sim isn't the Wood Pidgeon I'll never buy another PMDG product. B)

ki9cAAb.jpg