Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Just Flight 787 coming soon

Don't forget the English Electric Canberra PR9, Tushka. I think that is the first in a series of more complex and accurately simulated aircraft.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It says this is in their F-lite range so that gives an idea about its target audience. Glad to see more 787 options though personally I'm waiting for QW

A F-Lite version, low effort version to maximise income. I dont think people really want this style of product, well the serious simmers dont i guess. What a shame ... I have their PR9 and its very nice, i thought it was the start of JF upping their game obviously not (I know there is a Tornado brewing).

Saw a vid from Froogle were he states there is a masive drop in FS software sales affecting everyone. I guess this is part down to the likes of PMDG & A2A producing high end ultra realistic products and customers now want quality not somthing knocked out quickly.

Guess this fills a gap in the short term until someone builds a 'NGX/777 level' 787 allowing them to cash in on a small gap in the market. Pocket money product for kids and casual simmers IMHO.

Developers please give us feature rich, ultra realistic products that operate the same as the real thing, thats where the money is now and developers who are taking that route are reaping the rewards.

A F-Lite version, low effort version to maximise income. I dont think people really want this style of product, well the serious simmers dont i guess.

Of course the serious simmers don't want a product like this, but I for one am a fan of the F-Lite range, as are many people who sim casually (they keep making products for that range which suggests that there is a market there). And you say that it's a "low effort version to maximize income" like there is something wrong with that. Just Flight is in the business of making money, and they are doing so by creating a simplistic addon that people will buy. They explicitly state that it is for casual simmers, so they are not pretending it is something that it is not.

The problem I have with this one is the visual quality. Usually, people who aren't that much into systems are very much into 'eye-candy' and visual quality of the models. So far, the F-Lite range has produced very simple, but rather good-looking aircraft.To me, this 787 looks like something from a second-tier developer like AFS or VirtualCol.  

Don't forget the English Electric Canberra PR9, Tushka. I think that is the first in a series of more complex and accurately simulated aircraft.

Very good point. I saw a review the other day and the details described did impress. Goes from the texturing which seems like a huge step forward right into the top notch spheres as well as some system and config details I certainly didn't expect from previous JF encounters.

But if their 787 "just" comes as a F-Lite release, this may not apply in full. This doesn't rule out that it will still be a nice and very affordable sim plane though. Lets see how it turns out. They know their market after all.

An 'F-Lite' 787

I can't overstate how much this announcement doesn't excite me...

I wish Just Flight would stick to older, less complex aircraft (such as an updated DC-6 maybe, while we wait for PMDGs :smile:).