Sign in to follow this  
robertwolant

Aerosoft A319 and Virtual Avionics CDU

Dear friends,

Is any of you who already bought the Aerosoft's A318/A319 using it with the excellent Virtual Avionics CDU?

Before I buy the AS baby buses I would like to know if the A320 CDU is working with it.

I have sent an inquiry to Virtual Avionics but got no reply.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Robert

I wrote to them on 24 Sept. and their reply was:-

We are still working on the analysis of the implementation needed, but it's likely that it will support in the near future.

Thanks and best regards,

Virtual Avionics Support Team

http://www.virtualavionics.com.br/

I do hope that they release it soon as their CDU for the A320 is excellent on the iPad.

Thak you very much for your replies!

So generally the news is bad at the moment but there is hope for near future.

Since I got the CDU (for NGX, 777 and A320) simming without it seems so... limited. :smile:

BTW I've heard they are considering Q400 too. That will be awesome, won't it?

Aerosoft airbus  has its own CDU that runs on Tablets. Why do you want a third party product?

So generally the news is bad at the moment

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I gave up with the Aerosoft CDU as it was slow on my system and always giving me graphic problems. It seemed to run in a browser and I was never happy with it although this may have been due to the fact that I am a P3Dv2 user. The Virtual Avionics CDU on the other hand was a joy to use, never had a problem with it and it complemented the Aerosoft A320 perfectly.

It's out now! :good:

You need to update your CDU and download /install the latest version of the VA Interface.

Enjoy, just as I am going to do today!

EDIT:

Sorry to be a (too) early bird but I cannot get it working at the moment.

Looks like I am unable to update the CDU even though I was notified via email I could do it.

I will keep you informed here and I am kindly asking others to say how you are going with it.

My CDU app has been has been updated to version 1.1 but the new VA control panel, version 2.6.14 is not seeing my iPad. Note I run P3DV2.3. :unsure:

Yes, something's still wrong. I'm on FSX. I have now been able to update to 1.1.0.

But this time I am getting a 'Not able to perform CDU data link...' message no matter what I do.

I have sent another support ticket. Is anyone around able to use the CDU with A319?

EDIT: I've just got a reply from Virtual Avionics.

Looks like the culprit is the fact Aerosoft are releasing their hotfixes which change some data interacting with the VCDU.

The Virtual Avionics promised to do their best to work out a solution for next week. Great support from them!

The very latest great news is... well... let me quote the email I've just got:

Hello Captain,
A new VAInterface release 2.6.15 is available on our Download page, which supports the latest hot-fix from Aerosoft.
You must, however, download and install the latest hot-fix: 1_02.c
Should you have any issues, as you already know, please open a new support ticket.

Best Regards,
VA Support

What else to say? An example to follow.

Long live Virtual Avionics!  :good: