Sign in to follow this  
jjjallen

Windows 9 To Be Free Upgrade!

Wow, if those are legitimate screenshots, Microsoft has completely lost its mind. Windows Nein looks like a chimera, some kind of genetic mix up of Windows 7 and Windows Ate.

They bring back the old start menu, make it more customizable than before (looking at the leaked videos and information), AND make it free for Windows 8 users, yet people still complain. Unbelievable.

Brandon Filer

They bring back the old start menu

In it's worst possible form.

make it more customizable than before (looking at the leaked videos and information)

They had to, or people would complain it still looks like Windows 8.

AND make it free for Windows 8 users, yet people still complain. 

Yeah, that's bad. They're taking a mobile approach to their desktop operating system again.

Yeah, that's bad. They're taking a mobile approach to their desktop operating system again.

The only reason that Windows isn't completely dead on the desktop is that there is no viable alternative. That's why tablet and smartphone usage has exploded. I wonder if MS will now announce a cut off date after which Windows 7 will no longer be supported.

Once again, Microsoft has no idea what they're doing.

Windows 7 is going to become the new XP. Nobody is going to want to drop it.

You have no idea how correct you are on this sir, I personally know of a few people in the IT industry who are HOARDING windows 7 licenses for new machines and recycling licenses from old machines going out of service. I myself have a few windows 7 pro licenses which I am not using just incase I have a need to add a machine.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Once again, Microsoft has no idea what they're doing.

Windows 7 is going to become the new XP. Nobody is going to want to drop it.

I bought an XP licencse when I bought a new machine.  I have an old gameport yoke and pedal set, so I need XP to use it, thanks to Microsoft's dropping of gameport support after XP.

So, I'm happy to run XP and will do so as long as I can.  Who needs a great big telephone on their desk, anyway?

How come this mentality seems to only get applied to MS. No one ever says this about Ubi/EA etc games, trash release after release and people keep pre-ordering while telling themselves 'Maybe they got it right this time'.

I love this comment. I did exactly the same thing with MSFS from FS5 to FS2000. I absolutely hated FS5. It had the worst graphics in flight simulation history, and yet I ordered FS5.1......and then FS95.....and then FS98.....and then FS2000. Seriously, how dumb could I possibly get? I was disappointed with every single one of them.

I finally gave up, and concentrated on the Flight Unlimited series. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Flight Unlimited 3 (plus the FU2 San Francisco scenery) between 1999 and 2008 (both flying and upgrading), and only returned to the MSFS series when I purchased FSX in October 2008 (after purchasing a new Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 powered PC).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Windows 7 will no longer be supported.

Already announced as sometime next year. I can never figure out their roadmap.

There was Windows 98, then they brought out Me to cash in on the New Millennium, which went down like a ton of bricks. Then they brought out one the most stable platforms, XP, which still refuses to die a death, and then tried to kill that with Vista. Again, when we once more have a rock-solid platform W7, they are at it again.

Like Linux731 has so aptly stated, it will become the new XP.