Sign in to follow this  
zito

Looking for the best of business jets

Hello guys!

I have begun to be interested in smaller aircrafts, than I've flew till now (B737,B777), recently. So I began looking for them, but I'm disappointed a bit. Really, there's not any "best" bizjet on the market after aicraft model design, VC, realistic flight envelope, etc., or I'm just blind?

I already tried out some add-ons, but they're not good enough, I think. Followed by list and reasons why I was not satisfied.

Eaglesoft - Cessna Citation X (and any other) - alerting on issues when using Windows 8.

Wilco/FeelThere - Embraer Phenom 100 - Really don't like addons by this developer, VCs are designed very poorly (textures are very strange as well), and working just from a half.

Wilco/FeelThere - Embraer Legacy 600 - The same as above.

Wilco/FeelThere - Regional Jets - The same as above. Also don't like Embraer 135/145, 175/195 are too large.

Carenado - Embraer Phenom 100 - Have to admit, the design of the aircraft and virtual cockpit is simply awesome, but... No airac? They must be kidding us. Also I read somewhere that fuel burning is really quick in compare with real aircraft. But that's nothing compared to the absence of AIRAC updates.

Flight 1 - Cessna Citation Mustang - That's also very nice processed, but there're issues with the map on MFD. I'm also not sure if all aircrafts works as should.

Well, now tell me.. Is there any other choice, what I could focus at? I would like to fly small to mid-size business jet (something like Phenom 100 to Embraer Legacy) - CRJs and Embraer 175/195 or LineAge are too large. Another Embraer Phenom series, Embraer Legacy series, Bombardier LearJet/Challenger/Global series or Cessna Citation series?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,
Kuba

DA's CRJ (with Aerosoft) .. not released yet but I hope it is a keeper ........!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

DA's CRJ (with Aerosoft) .. not released yet but I hope it is a keeper ........!

Yeah, I spotted it as well on Aerosoft Market, but it's not businees jet anymore.. Rather small commercial jet.. :/

Actually the alert deals with W8 security settings and not with our product.

Independent test by a W8 user states that it's fine with W8 when he took care to setup W8 for FSX use. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Carenado has the Hawker 850 and the Cessna S550 coming out soon which should bridge the gap between the PMDG BBJ and the Mustang. Worth looking into, IMO.

Hello Kuba, 

I have also been on the hunt for some decent simulations of Business Jets for FSX/P3D, and much like you, have fell short multiple times as there are very few business jets that are simulated to their exact (or come close) specifications. 

Currently, there is nothing that I could find that comes to the level of PMDG and Majestic in the BizJet world where both Visuals AND systems are outstanding. I have heard multiple times that BizJet companies such as Dassault, Bombardier Global, and Gulfstream do not like to give their business jet's exact performance numbers/values to developers for privacy reasons, and thus forcing developers that decide to model BizJets to have to estimate some exact details about performance. 

A few corporate (Not exactly BizJet) aircraft that do however catch my eye are Flight 1's Super King Air B200, Carenado's PC-12/S550/Hawker 850, and Eaglesoft's Citation X. The G1000 that the King Air comes with is quite nice and actually comes really close to the options that Garmin offers for the very basic model of the G1000 (without all the extra bells and whistles). I might also suggest to check out the Newly released Carenado PC-12. I have tested it myself and it does indeed look quite promising. The visuals are outstanding, the performance is simulated to a very good extent, and the the FPS that I get with complex scenery is great too. I might also recommend waiting for Carenado's S550 Citation II and their Hawker 850 as they have stated that those aircraft will be including AIRAC cycles that will be able to be updated from AIRAC suppliers such as Aerosoft and Navigraph. Along with Carenado's great visuals, and now receiving news that it will include AIRAC cycles, I think that those two BizJets are the ones to wait for.

Lastly, I will recommend taking a look at Eaglesoft if you are able to overcome those Windows 8 security issues. Eaglesoft's Citation X is (What I like to think) of being in the same situation of the Level D 767 where the systems are excellent, however the visuals are a little dated. That should not stop you from having a great time in those two birds. 

Hope this helps!

Kindest Regards

Carenado has the Hawker 850 and the Cessna S550 coming out soon which should bridge the gap between the PMDG BBJ and the Mustang. Worth looking into, IMO.

Carenado's efforts with these aircraft have been lackluster...not even hit and miss yet.  Still, I'm hopeful that they'll get there (or somebody will) as the VLJ/business jet area is increasingly weak.  Personally, I enjoy the Mustang but it's end of development life and no P3D.

Is an Eaglesoft update still in the works?    

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Actually the alert deals with W8 security settings and not with our product.

Independent test by a W8 user states that it's fine with W8 when he took care to setup W8 for FSX use. B)

Ah so, so there are not any issues while enjoying the product, just a security warning will pop up before installing? That's alright, thanks you corrected me! :-)

Thanks you let me know, unfortunately S550 looks a bit as turboprop with jet engine what I'm not looking for.

Hello Kuba,

I have also been on the hunt for some decent simulations of Business Jets for FSX/P3D, and much like you, have fell short multiple times as there are very few business jets that are simulated to their exact (or come close) specifications.

Currently, there is nothing that I could find that comes to the level of PMDG and Majestic in the BizJet world where both Visuals AND systems are outstanding. I have heard multiple times that BizJet companies such as Dassault, Bombardier Global, and Gulfstream do not like to give their business jet's exact performance numbers/values to developers for privacy reasons, and thus forcing developers that decide to model BizJets to have to estimate some exact details about performance.

A few corporate (Not exactly BizJet) aircraft that do however catch my eye are Flight 1's Super King Air B200, Carenado's PC-12/S550/Hawker 850, and Eaglesoft's Citation X. The G1000 that the King Air comes with is quite nice and actually comes really close to the options that Garmin offers for the very basic model of the G1000 (without all the extra bells and whistles). I might also suggest to check out the Newly released Carenado PC-12. I have tested it myself and it does indeed look quite promising. The visuals are outstanding, the performance is simulated to a very good extent, and the the FPS that I get with complex scenery is great too. I might also recommend waiting for Carenado's S550 Citation II and their Hawker 850 as they have stated that those aircraft will be including AIRAC cycles that will be able to be updated from AIRAC suppliers such as Aerosoft and Navigraph. Along with Carenado's great visuals, and now receiving news that it will include AIRAC cycles, I think that those two BizJets are the ones to wait for.

Lastly, I will recommend taking a look at Eaglesoft if you are able to overcome those Windows 8 security issues. Eaglesoft's Citation X is (What I like to think) of being in the same situation of the Level D 767 where the systems are excellent, however the visuals are a little dated. That should not stop you from having a great time in those two birds.

Hope this helps!

Kindest Regards

Uf.. It takes me very long time to read it out :-P That's very bad but understandable, that they don't want to share performance with us, even that all of us won't be able to simulate their products :-D... As I wrote above, I'm not interested a lot by the Cessna S550, others you wrote I'm not sure If I can remember if they are turboprops or not.. Nevermind. However will think and take a look about EagleSoft Cessna Citation X v2 once again, maybe it will be the winner product. If not, I'll have to develop the bizjet myself probably, because there's nothing else as I can see.. So far :-).. But thanks for the post!

I purchased the F1 Mustang recently.
Still in training on the Garmin and learning the Mustang's systems .... but all looks ok so far.

Whatever your choice .. please come back and give us a mini review ....

Edit: with Flight One purchases you have 30 days to get a refund if it does not work out for you ... !

F1-Mustang_zpsd4538402.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Is an Eaglesoft update still in the works?

Greg, we announced our partnership with Leading Edge Simulations on a complete Citation II 551 months prior to any by any competitor..

In addition work is really coming together on our current Citation XLS+ 560. Both Projects may be seen in our Support Forums.

As to the original CX2.0 750, little needs done except a complete remodel/retexture and total reanimation of interior and exterior models...it will be awhile for that so enjoy the current version until whenever we can accomplish that work.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Greg, we announced our partnership with Leading Edge Simulations on a complete Citation II 551 months prior to any by any competitor..
In addition work is really coming together on our current Citation XLS+ 650. Both Projects may be seen in our Support Forums.

As to the original CX2.0 750, little needs done except a complete remodel/retexture and total reanimation of interior and exterior models...it will be awhile for that so enjoy the current version until whenever we can accomplish that work.

Really looking forward to them.  I think I used to have access to your forums.  I'll try to make a new login.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hello guys!

I have begun to be interested in smaller aircrafts, than I've flew till now (B737,B777), recently. So I began looking for them, but I'm disappointed a bit. Really, there's not any "best" bizjet on the market after aicraft model design, VC, realistic flight envelope, etc., or I'm just blind?

I already tried out some add-ons, but they're not good enough, I think. Followed by list and reasons why I was not satisfied.

Eaglesoft - Cessna Citation X (and any other) - alerting on issues when using Windows 8.

Wilco/FeelThere - Embraer Phenom 100 - Really don't like addons by this developer, VCs are designed very poorly (textures are very strange as well), and working just from a half.

Wilco/FeelThere - Embraer Legacy 600 - The same as above.

Wilco/FeelThere - Regional Jets - The same as above. Also don't like Embraer 135/145, 175/195 are too large.

Carenado - Embraer Phenom 100 - Have to admit, the design of the aircraft and virtual cockpit is simply awesome, but... No airac? They must be kidding us. Also I read somewhere that fuel burning is really quick in compare with real aircraft. But that's nothing compared to the absence of AIRAC updates.

Flight 1 - Cessna Citation Mustang - That's also very nice processed, but there're issues with the map on MFD. I'm also not sure if all aircrafts works as should.

Well, now tell me.. Is there any other choice, what I could focus at? I would like to fly small to mid-size business jet (something like Phenom 100 to Embraer Legacy) - CRJs and Embraer 175/195 or LineAge are too large. Another Embraer Phenom series, Embraer Legacy series, Bombardier LearJet/Challenger/Global series or Cessna Citation series?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Kuba

Try the Lionheart Lear 24 its my favorite and one of the best I've flown in my many years of simming

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Eaglesoft - Cessna Citation X is the best bet in my opinion. Ron is more than happy to help when help is needed. I belong the the forums and many of us diligently try and lend a hand when needed. I have been flying the C750 not only in real life, but the sim as well and can tell you it is spot on. Time must be taken to learn to program the flight plans correctly. So many times we hear of a problem when it comes down to it, the majority of the time it is user error. You must take the time to set up the FADEC or the plane just doesn't want to act right. Other than that, it is rewarding when you finally accomplish a true start to finish flight. Learning curve can be steep, but with time and patience you will be self gratified in the end. Still one of my favorite airplanes in the sim and in real life. You can update nav data via Navigraph. You can then use your real world charts and plates. By the way I think this is still the fastest Civilian Airplane in the sky today. Give these guys a chance and I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck in your choice. Capt. McGill, RJ. USN Retired Out.

Try the Lionheart Lear 24 its my favorite and one of the best I've flown in my many years of simming

Thank you for suggestion, will find it out.. . :-)

Eaglesoft - Cessna Citation X is the best bet in my opinion. Ron is more than happy to help when help is needed. I belong the the forums and many of us diligently try and lend a hand when needed. I have been flying the C750 not only in real life, but the sim as well and can tell you it is spot on. Time must be taken to learn to program the flight plans correctly. So many times we hear of a problem when it comes down to it, the majority of the time it is user error. You must take the time to set up the FADEC or the plane just doesn't want to act right. Other than that, it is rewarding when you finally accomplish a true start to finish flight. Learning curve can be steep, but with time and patience you will be self gratified in the end. Still one of my favorite airplanes in the sim and in real life. You can update nav data via Navigraph. You can then use your real world charts and plates. By the way I think this is still the fastest Civilian Airplane in the sky today. Give these guys a chance and I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck in your choice. Capt. McGill, RJ. USN Retired Out.

Also thanks to you, for your point of view. Learning is not a problem. I'm flying a very small sort of planes (so far two as I mentioned above) just for one reason, learn them well. Don't like people who "fly" 50 different aicrarfts and telling me, they could get type rating for all of them. It's impossible of course.. :-)

I purchased the F1 Mustang recently.

Still in training on the Garmin and learning the Mustang's systems .... but all looks ok so far.

Whatever your choice .. please come back and give us a mini review ....

Edit: with Flight One purchases you have 30 days to get a refund if it does not work out for you ... !

F1-Mustang_zpsd4538402.jpg

This is a stunning bird with the ability to climb 41,000 feet, fly at speeds up to 400 mph, and a range of 1,200 nautical miles. 

I love that it can land on a 3000ft runway, that really opens up the flight sim world and is really suited to most of ORBX airports however one word of warning, you will need a high performing PC, in fact I over clocked to 4.8ghz specifically.

The glass cockpit takes a while to study but comes with a good starters manual and the real Garmin docs can be downloaded from the manufacturer

ZORAN