Sign in to follow this  
ryreaves

FSX Freezing Up After Complete Reinstall

Okay,

I have something new to report on.  I do not know if this is a result of altering the booster program or just that I'm more patient. Anyways, FSX still does freeze during flight,but after maybe 10 mins or so it will unfreeze and continue like normal. Sometimes it will do this multiple times,but never to the point where its frozen for good. What exactly does this indicate? I can relay some of the settings in the booster program if that could help find a culprit to all this(if you feel that will help). 

I went ahead and tried to delete the FSX.CFG. It wouldn't delete when I clicked on it, so I just erased everything in it and saved it. It seemed to reset everything,but now I have an even worse problem. Within minutes into flight the graphics are broken if I try and save in flight or open any sort of menu. The entire screen flickers and there really isn't anything displayed. This used to happen occasionally before my hard drive died,but the FS booster fixed it. I tried to reapply the booster once again and it doesn't seem to be working to stop this problem. I'm still trying different settings,but if that doesn't work I'm at a complete loss on what to do. I've been checking the AMD Catalyst Control Center on my computer and all my drivers are once again up to date, so I really have no clue. Lastly, in that booster on the menu page it says: "GPU Configuration is needed." I have absolutely no clue how to do that for this computer. Do you have any idea what I need to do now? Could my screen resolution be a culprit? My screen is 27 inches and of course resetting the FSX.CFG put the resolution to default. Whats the best value for a screen this size? I have it set to 1920/1080,which I'm pretty sure thats what it was set to before. Lastly, I may as well mention my specs at  this point: Windows 7 64bit 2.93 GHZ I7 Quad Core Processor Radeon 5750 Graphic card 4GB Ram.

I went ahead and tried to delete the FSX.CFG. It wouldn't delete when I clicked on it, so I just erased everything in it and saved it. It seemed to reset everything,but now I have an even worse problem. Within minutes into flight the graphics are broken if I try and save in flight or open any sort of menu. The entire screen flickers and there really isn't anything displayed. This used to happen occasionally before my hard drive died,but the FS booster fixed it. I tried to reapply the booster once again and it doesn't seem to be working to stop this problem. I'm still trying different settings,but if that doesn't work I'm at a complete loss on what to do. I've been checking the AMD Catalyst Control Center on my computer and all my drivers are once again up to date, so I really have no clue. Lastly, in that booster on the menu page it says: "GPU Configuration is needed." I have absolutely no clue how to do that for this computer. Do you have any idea what I need to do now? Could my screen resolution be a culprit? My screen is 27 inches and of course resetting the FSX.CFG put the resolution to default. Whats the best value for a screen this size? I have it set to 1920/1080,which I'm pretty sure thats what it was set to before. Lastly, I may as well mention my specs at  this point: Windows 7 64bit 2.93 GHZ I7 Quad Core Processor Radeon 5750 Graphic card 4GB Ram.

I hate to make so many posts,but I think this problem is confined to the new Aerosoft A319( I added the memory fix to my CFG and that seemed to fix it from breaking, I hope) as it hasn't happened with my other aircraft. I am still investigating though.