Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

Which gate?

I used up one entire evening to correct the gate numbers on their JFK-addon. Sadly I lost the file to an HDD crash lately.

I find this annoying as well but hardly have the time to manually correct this.  "GA Large" is hardly a valid gate label.

spacer.png

As FSDT has been mentioned here, does anyone know why pressing Ctrl+J does not activate any of their jetways? I found the same with FlyTampa's Dubai too. Yet all other default FSX airports work okay. Strange.

All FSDT airports have moving jetways by default and are purposely designed that way. Why yours aren't working could be due to a few different factors. You can always open a topic on their forum to get help. FlyTampa's airports dont all come with moving jetways. The only one I can think of that does is St Maarten.

I find this annoying as well but hardly have the time to manually correct this. "GA Large" is hardly a valid gate label.

They label them that way on purpose, not because they are idiots. It's a design trick used to suppress the default tugs from showing up and causing a conflict with the scenery, parking, and GSX. You can search their forum to confirm this. Labeling them as GA spots doesn't cause any parking or gate assignment issues as long as the correct AI parking code is inserted.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

They label them that way on purpose, not because they are idiots. It's a design trick used to suppress the default tugs from showing up and causing a conflict with the scenery, parking, and GSX. You can search their forum to confirm this. Labeling them as GA spots doesn't cause any parking or gate assignment issues as long as the correct AI parking code is inserted.

Okay but it still makes it overly difficult to pick a starting gate for my heavies.

spacer.png

All FSDT airports have moving jetways by default and are purposely designed that way. Why yours aren't working could be due to a few different factors. You can always open a topic on their forum to get help. FlyTampa's airports dont all come with moving jetways. The only one I can think of that does is St Maarten.

Thanks for that, but they were all re-installed and activated from a clean OS new build install and the only one I had the jetways operate with Ctrl+J was at LSZH(Zurich). Did not work at CYVR, or JKFKv2.

When I correct their error, I don't get clutter or tugs where they shouldn't be.

Okay but it still makes it overly difficult to pick a starting gate for my heavies.

Exactly

Additionally, at some airports, gate numbers do not match stand numbers, so it's different number for pax and pilots. 

Great, good to know.

Thanks for that, but they were all re-installed and activated from a clean OS new build install and the only one I had the jetways operate with Ctrl+J was at LSZH(Zurich). Did not work at CYVR, or JKFKv2.

I'd suggest you open a topic on this then at their forum. Umberto can probably help you solve the problem and might even take a look using team viewer. I can confirm that they all work at all the airports, so if its not working for you them something is wrong. The usual reason are duplicate afcads, wrong key assignment, conflict with another addon, etc. Rather than waste time wondering why isn't not working, just ask Umberto for help.

Well I suppose what one would consider overly difficult someone else might think its easy or have a solution. One quick and easy way is to open the airports afcad with ADE prior to starting flight and get the gate numbers and locations that way. You can sort them by number or parking code. Then either right them down or screen print them and print it out. Put the print out with your charts for the airport and you will then always know exactly what gates are which. Problem solved and only takes a few minutes. Or start a flight anywhere on the airport and use GSX to list your available gates for whatever airline your in and warp to that location. There's always a way to do it simply using all the available tools.

When I correct their error, I don't get clutter or tugs where they shouldn't be.

As mentioned, it's not an error the way they did it, its done purposely to aviod any possible default tugs or default objects from appearing. Results may vary when you change them. In your case your lucky that default objects have not appeared but this is not always the case. They would rather surpress them all by default to be sure rather than doing it the other way and get a bunch of support topics from people asking why a particular gate has a default tug parked half way in a terminal. At least you know now if if have this happen at an airport where you changed the parking type how to go about fixing it.

I've noticed some other developers have adopted this technique as well. Some of FT's latest offerings mark the gates as GA for the same reason and someone always posts on their forum asking why and thinking it was an error. I believe Flightbeam has started doing it as well.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

tbh I just check which terminal the real aircraft is departing from, and pick the gate of my choice at that terminal (using ground charts). Simple as. Works like a charm every time. 

Aamir Thacker

You should try out SimLauncher. It's a great tool that err launchers your sim. It shows you gate radius and warns you if it's less than your aircraft's wingspan and other neat features. Much better to use than menu in FSX. 

As FSDT has been mentioned here, does anyone know why pressing Ctrl+J does not activate any of their jetways? I found the same with FlyTampa's Dubai too. Yet all other default FSX airports work okay. Strange.

I don't have YVR, but Ctrl-J works fine for all the FSDT airports I have.

Hi,

I believe you can get gate assignments from here: http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Rather than waste time wondering why isn't not working, just ask Umberto for help.

Yes, I do know about Umberto and his team at FSDT, having seen and read his inputs here. I merely joined a thread here that mentioned FSDT.