Sign in to follow this  
Dewey

Dave's Stearman

I just got Dave's great new Stearman. An old silver Stearman was my first ride so it occupies a very special place in my heart. This one is very well-done. Beautiful visuals, instruments, etc. The flight model is pretty well as I remember it.If you want a fun-to-fly plane that will give you some pretty accurate tail-dragger experience you will want to try this one.Only one little issue with it so far. There is a definite looping sound in the engine sound file. Does anyone know of another radial sound file that is appropriate for a Stearman that might not have this glitch?Thanks.And thanks to you, Dave, for the beautiful Stearman! I've waited a long time for this one! You told me I'd not have to wait much longer and sure enough I didn't!Dewey

Guest JimC1702

I just downloaded it too and took it for a little flight around my home area. It's great!I'm going to be posting pics in the screenshot forum.Jim

Sound file....If you have the Aerosoft Beaver, this is great for the private version. I also increased the Horsepower and Aileron throw to make it a bit more aerobatic.Joe W.

Yep, the original Stearman was pretty laid back, both on power and rate of roll. It could be coaxed through some rolls, loops and hammerheads if you knew how to fly it on the edge of its performance envelope. But it definitly wasn't a "lively" stunt plane in its original configuration. It was just what it was - a trainer. It sure captured the essence of flying an open cockpit biplane, though.Dewey

Joe,Are you saying that you modified the Stearman to use the Beaver's engine sounds? If so, are you willing to provide detailed instructions? I agree that the 2004 Stearman is excellent. The previous version was one of my favorite aircraft, and I thank the Daviator team for their hard work. Love that price!Cheers,Robert

Sure..... Just rename the sound.cfg to something else like soundcfg.bak and copy and paste this to notepad:(fltsim)alias=Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheelssoundchange the paranthese to brackets in the fltsim above.Save as sound.cfg to the sound folder.I only did this to the civilian version and left the others as trainers.Joe W.

Guest JimC1702

The MORANE-SAULNIER 505 here in the Avsim Library has pretty good radial sounds. You want the sound.mor folder, though, not the sound folder which appears to have Baron sounds. I changed the Stearman civilian sound folder to "soundold", then copied in the sound.mor folder from the 505 and renamed it to "sound". Jim

Ok, thanks. I really like the sound that comes with Dave's stearman. It's going to be hard to beat. If that slight looping sound wasn't there it would be my first choice for sure. Great sound.Dewey