Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

PMDG 777 Immersion

yeah looks cool.

But what does it do to VAS?......I mean we already have problems enough with VAS as it is.

Some have even removed the outside fuselage to not OOM.

Adding more stuff seems like asking for trouble.

Rob Robson

yeah looks cool.

But what does it do to VAS?......I mean we already have problems enough with VAS as it is.

After reading about their generic version I don't think it will be an issue.

I have always wanted to remove the cabin textures on the PMDG 777, is that possible?

yeah looks cool.

I agree. +1

I think if you are running that thin on VAS, you probably should look at any addons. Since DX 10 I have not had any OOMs, even at UK2000 EGLL with storms and 100% AI in the PMDG 777. A little stutter turning during Taxi in the thick of the Airport, once on the last leg of Taxi and then on the Runway it is fine.

I just read through their 777 Immersion manual, and they say that the VAS footprint is really low! I haven't noticed any lost in performance so far, and the memory usage hasn't hiked either. 

Oh... and through the manual, they tell you when the effects can be displayed, so it's really helpful if you want to test them out, which I did.

Anyways, I love the product so far! 

Frederick

ridiculous

Ridiculously low for what it provides, indeed :)

The price is a little bit high for the type of addition.

Precipitfsx is 10€, that add to all aircraft and runway the same effect, then you have to pay another 19€ for wing and engine condensation which  is a customisation for the 200/300.

It's pricey for some nice effect.

So,

Any other experience with this?

FPS/VAS friendly, quality ? Does it support FSRecorder Replay?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

So,

Any other experience with this?

FPS/VAS friendly, quality ? Does it support FSRecorder Replay?

Michael Moe

Yes it does!

Precipitfsx is 10€, that add to all aircraft and runway the same effect, then you have to pay another 19€ for wing and engine condensation which  is a customisation for the 200/300.

When you come to think about it, most of the effects included in the package have never been done before in Flight Simulator X. The effects are not generic as in PrecipitFX, they are custom-made exclusively for the PMDG 777. I don't think therefore that it is pricey. The price is right for what you get imho, and certainly for the quality of effects you have.

Frederick

Have you watched their latest promo video on the 777? I couldn't download it fast enough it was so impressive.

Have you watched their latest promo video on the 777? I couldn't download it fast enough it was so impressive.

It's my opinion but I find 29€ expensive when thinking that the same money goes + or minus for building an airport scenery which take 3 times those effect.

It's my opinion but I find 29€ expensive when thinking that the same money goes + or minus for building an airport scenery which take 3 times those effect.

I am a little confused, you say 29 Euros and on their website it says 19 Euros. Matter of fact both packages are less than 26 Euros.