Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

PMDG 777 Immersion

I am a little confused,

Sorry Rick but with 19€ you will get those effect only for the 777-200/300.

Now my hangar is fit with a lot's of plane, so if I want a general update with those effect you need also to add 10€.

Tell me are you flying only the 777 or other aircraft ?

If they will add another customization of 19€ for the NGX 737 are you going to spend all this money?

It's a personal choice, I repeat for me is an expensive add-on.

But how much fps do you lose by bumping the special effects slider from off to max?

You need this to see all the effects.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Sorry Rick but with 19€ you will get those effect only for the 777-200/300.

Now my hangar is fit with a lot's of plane, so if I want a general update with those effect you need also to add 10€.

Tell me are you flying only the 777 or other aircraft ?

If they will add another customization of 19€ for the NGX 737 are you going to spend all this money?

It's a personal choice, I repeat for me is an expensive add-on.

Is it pricey, yes. Is it worth it, I think so. I hate nothing worse than spending a lot of money on high end aircraft and airports, only to watch an AI land as I am waiting to take off only to see some cartoon rendition of tire smoke. The rain in FSX is horrid, now with PrecipitFX it is believable. The jet spray and tire spray is phenomenal. My immersion factor has increased more with this addon than most that I have. I wish they would give a demo so people can see (maybe they do) I think most would cough it up and buy it.

I fly the 777 about 90% of the time. Yes I would buy one for 737 NGX, everyone knows that one needs better vapor trails. I have spent so much money on FSX over the years that it would take a lot for me not to buy a quality addon. I use to blindly buy addons (spoiled child syndrome), now I am very careful and selective. I think this developer is going to continue improving and offer upgrades at a reasonable price or even free for those who have the original release. I still can't get over the jet blast effect, love it.

These visuals are stunning. I am drooling. It's expensive, but if you fly the 777 a lot it could really add to the experience. I believe it also includes 3d lights that look way better than shockwave lights. This is some serious eye candy. What's the fps impact though? Knowing the way some effects can slow things down, even in dx10, I'd be worried about having so many going at add-on airports for takeoff or landing. Especially since I spend all my time in the cockpit, so not even sure when I'd get to enjoy them.

Has anyone else used this product?  I am considering it, and was wondering if those who have had it for a while now still like it in combination with the 777?

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

All the pictures and video I saw are amazing but I am still reluctant to take out my credit card given its price tag. $24 dollar is almost the price of a good quality airport (Flytampa montreal is 25 dollars)

Danny F

All the pictures and video I saw are amazing but I am still reluctant to take out my credit card given its price tag. $24 dollar is almost the price of a good quality airport (Flytampa montreal is 25 dollars)

+1

Although it was pointed out to me in another thread that you get a discount if you buy the T777 + PrecipitFX. I'm still thinking on it...

Is the effect of the volumetric lighting visible from in the cockpit?   Does it change the way the landing lights illuminate the ground?

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Thanks for the post this is great, I'm always waiting for VC rain but I have read and read again the forums and posts about it and the experimentation, it's just not worth it apparently.  Though I play TS2015 and go please can I have some VC rain hahaha

Just a heads up, it's a violation of our EULA to use this.

Beside that, the vortex from the wing is usually off the flap and not the wingtip, and the nacelle condensation usually clears when the engine has finished accelerating to takeoff speed. I'll admit, it's kinda neat, but again - outside the allowances provided in our EULA.

Kyle Rodgers

Has anyone else used this product?  I am considering it, and was wondering if those who have had it for a while now still like it in combination with the 777?

Andrew Jones

I purchased it months ago and am quite pleased with the results. They did a great job.

Just a heads up, it's a violation of our EULA to use this.

Beside that, the vortex from the wing is usually off the flap and not the wingtip, and the nacelle condensation usually clears when the engine has finished accelerating to takeoff speed. I'll admit, it's kinda neat, but again - outside the allowances provided in our EULA.

I do not own this and at this price I won't ever own it, but can I ask what are the consequences if someone buys it? Does PMDG actually do anything to prevent this, or is it officially not allowed but tolerated?

sig1.png
sig2.png

I do not own this and at this price I won't ever own it, but can I ask what are the consequences if someone buys it? Does PMDG actually do anything to prevent this, or is it officially not allowed but tolerated?

Kyle will correct me, I'm sure, but there's probably nothing they can do, practically speaking, other than not support it.  

On a strict reading of the EULA, I broke it by allowing VoxATC to modify the Panels.cfg (as part of the normal install process) to show the radio panel!

Edit: On second thoughts, FS2Crew does the same thing to add it's panel, and I can even buy that on the PMDG site!  Serial offender, me ;)