Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

TropicalSim TFFF Martinique released

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Is it just me, or have the prices of addon sceneries gone up a bit during the year? No doubt I'll get this (prob during a sale), but 18 Euros for this seems a bit steep. Some of the ground textures for example look pretty stock to me (look through the pics on Simmarket). I'm not bashing TropicalSim (bought over 30 of their sceneries so far over the years), but this and Punta Cana didn't really wow me.

Having said that, since Punta Cana is on sale for 10 Euros right now, I'll go and get it.  :rolleyes:

Cheers, SLuggy

Duh!  :Doh:  Head slap! :fool:

Six weeks ago I purchased the FranceVFR versions of Martinique and Guadaloupe since Tropical Sim, LatinVFR and Taxi2Gate had shown absolutely no interest.  I rationalised the higher than usual cost against the fact that not only were all the airports covered but mesh and photosceney included as well. AES was never going to come but I could live without it, particularly being a completeist at heart, and these were the last Caribbean sceneries to collect.

Resigned to the fact that sometimes life is like that.

have the prices of addon sceneries gone up

Yes.

I have seen a few payware companies say they stop making FS9 stuff because of the higher development cost. Maybe the higher prices are to offset the development costs?

"Some of the ground textures for example look pretty stock to me (look through the pics on Simmarket)."

You think? I really dig this view looks very realistic with absolutely NO stock default ground:

tfff_fsx_25.jpg

I really dig this view looks very realistic with absolutely NO stock default ground:

In FSX the resolution is probably higher. We FS9ers must live with lower resolutions. However, TropicalSim have not only raised the price, but also improved their sceneries over the years. Just compare the SBRJ 2014 with the previous version! I bought the new SBRJ at the current sale and will do so with TFFF when it is on sale, too.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

when TFFF is on sale, too.

And that is often with TropicalSim/simMarket.  :lol:

In FSX the resolution is probably higher. We FS9ers must live with lower resolutions. However, TropicalSim have not only raised the price, but also improved their sceneries over the years. Just compare the SBRJ 2014 with the previous version! I bought the new SBRJ at the current sale and will do so with TFFF when it is on sale, too.

I don't see the price raising people are talking about. See this page from 2008:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080720083705/http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=2750

The Rio scenery 6 years ago cost the same 18 as now (now being the newer version). It seems to be their "release" price for big airports. I have been purchasing Tropicalsim, LatinVFR and other who creates airport in south america and caribbean and honestly I have not seen this raises on sceneries. It's the other things that are more expensive like gas, good, water, electric, etc... leavijng less for us to spend on hobbies. If add-ons for FS kept up with the inflation we would now be seeing major hub airports for over 40 bucks.

You bought it, though?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

No Harald. Thats my FranceVFR version just for comparison. I apologise for the confusion.

Tropical sim offers all look very good to me. Alas, I can't afford to buy all the airports to improve a region I do not fly too often. The only place I regularly fly is St. Kitts/Nevis and there is some reasonably good freeware for Vance W. Armory.

Is there an updated AFCAN file available for this scenery?  I noticed that I have no AI traffic movement at TFFF so ran a check with ADE which found multiple errors using it's fault finder utility. 

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.