Sign in to follow this  
B736789

Seating Configuration

Hi,

Wouldn't it be nice if we could customize within each livery setting how many seats are is each class, if we could decide whether its a plane with just First and Economy class, or maybe all Business, or Economy and Economy Premium and Business and First?

for example ELAL has: 12 First class seats, 35 business class seats and 232 economy seats.

and British has: 14 first class seats, 48 business seats, 40 economy + seats, and 122 economy seats.

Is it possible for the PMDG T7?

I think it will improve the level of realism.

Hi,

It would certainly be technically possible even it would likely require a lot of job to implement it and sure it would add some realism but it would be also very complicated as some compagnies have several different seat configurations for the same model.

E.g.: Air France has got 3 different seat configurations for the -300ER and 2 seat configs for the -200ER...

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

In my eyes, that would complicate things needlessly. In the end, it's all weight. Just provide the correct ZFW and CoG, and you're good to go.

It's a flight sim, not a cabin sim :)

I'm surprised that this infrequent topic came up twice this month.  My response is always this is a simulator for the pilot not the gate attendent or dispatchers.... I believe there is plenty of realism if you stick to the cockpit.

Dan Downs KCRP

Awww not this again... PMDG should have just divided the cabin into 4 or 5 zones and allowed a weight for each rather than specifying the amount of seats. Would prevent this whole saga. They sort of have done this, in that you just enter your ZFW that your flight planning tool gives you, and the FMC distributes it appropriately.

In the simulation world, 

we dispatch for ourselves with programs like PFPX

we brief ourselves with data from weather engines and charts and RW metars

we monitor our flights with ACARS

We sometimes control ourselves

and we fly ourselves, in an airplane,

all of those above happens in almost every flight, we are not just the pilots, we are also dispatchers,the controller, the second pilot, the guy from the VA who monitors the flight and we are doing and sometimes doing both pilots roles.

I know that handling seating is not one of PMDG's main targets, 

but PMDG wants to get " as real as it gets..." 

And I think this will further improve the realism level.

I appreciate it being a "pilot's" sim but do agree it would be nice to edit. It only adds to the realism especially if you can see the variety of configurations (ie: seatguru.com).

coolpilot06... if you're gonna kick this dead horse at least follow forum rules. Geeze. Kinda funny in a sad way.

Dan Downs KCRP

PMDG wants to get real in the cockpit and not in the cabin or lavatory in the plane. Next thing people will want under the name of realism is what fibre or texture the seats can be configured with and what color. Shouldn't they provide bassinet seats for kids too in the place since they want you get as real..let's enjoy the realism in the cockpit..

In the simulation world,

we dispatch for ourselves with programs like PFPX

we brief ourselves with data from weather engines and charts and RW metars

we monitor our flights with ACARS

We sometimes control ourselves

and we fly ourselves, in an airplane,

all of those above happens in almost every flight, we are not just the pilots, we are also dispatchers,the controller, the second pilot, the guy from the VA who monitors the flight and we are doing and sometimes doing both pilots roles.

I know that handling seating is not one of PMDG's main targets,

but PMDG wants to get " as real as it gets..."

And I think this will further improve the realism level.

Much more important then the amount of seats in the different categories would be if we could adjust the DOW - which in turn of course changes the available load.....

regards