Sign in to follow this  
LEAPWeaver

Engine Indication and Performance Adjustments Complete

Howdy Folks!

This past weekend I have been tinkering under the hood of the PC-12 and managed to tweak a few settings in relation to the Engine Indication System, ITT performance, Fuel Performance, and Electrical Indication. Here is a list of the changes:

Engine Indication System:

Corrected the Fuel Quantity Display to display fuel weight to Pounds. Previously the quantity was displayed in Liters.

Corrected the Fuel Used Display to display fuel used in Pounds. Previously it was displayed in Liters.

ITT Performance:

Adjusted the .air file ITT and EGT settings to match a more realistic behavior. ITT temps will drop off slowly, will respond the power settings and remain at a more realistic value during cruise climb. This also means that the ITT temps can and will react to higher field elevations as well as higher air temps. Part of the test for this was a take off from KPHX in 33C heat (real world weather). Enigine ITT peaked at 738C. As a reminder you are temp limited to 765C on takeoff and 720C during climb. 

Fuel Performance:

Adjusted the fuel flow scalar in the aircraft.cfg file to closely match the figures of the cruise performance charts for the PC-12. Indicated fuel flow in Pounds Per Hour will now be +/- 5-8PPH of the cruise charts. 

Electrical Indication:

The electrical system for the PC-12 is there, however, due to the way the overhead was modeled none of the switches seem to be adding much of an amp load. So in order to show than 7 amps of draw on the electrical indicators I added 47.5 amps to the electrical bus controlled by GEN1. So you will now have an indication over 50 amps of the electrical system until a more permanent solution is implemented by the folks at Carenado.

That's all for now, I will be posting these changes to the team at Carenado for their observations and hopeful inclusion into a service pack. 

For now, those of you who wish to fly with these changes, the procedure will be the same for receiving Bert's avionics adjustments. PM me with your e-mail address and I will send along a zip file containing the two XML's for the EIS, and a revised .air and aircraft.cfg file. 

Thanks and happy flying!

Nick Preston

I def. will be giving this a try... Good work. I will shoot you a PM later on when I get home.

Check your inbox folks, first batch of emails has been sent. 

Feel free to provide feedback on your experience. 

Nick Preston

It was brought to my attention that there are some of you folks that don't always use pounds for FSX/P3D. So as an alternative I have created a conversion of the EIS to display the fuel weight in kilograms (KGS). I have even gone as far as editing some of the gauge artwork to remind you that it is in kilograms. 

If you need the kilogram version of the display feel free to let me know in your request.

urvELw5.jpg

Nick Preston

Hi AtlanticFlyer:

Is there any chance to add a gauge that simulates an external power plant? The switch is there but does nothing. Thanks

Art Washton.

Thanks Nick,

Your mod works great!

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Great Work Nick !! Your Mod along with Bert"s

Autopilot fix have turned this plane into

A True Swiss Army knife, Awesome work Gentlemen.

Third batch sent out. Thanks for all the feedback everyone. 

Art,

I will take a look and see if there is something I can come up with.There would be no guarantee, as I don't know if anything can be integrated into that switch, but I will see what I can do.

Nick Preston

The autopilot cant follow a simple flight plan from the gps now. it overshoots and goes back into nav armed mode when on a basic intercept path. Are there any changes to the autopilot section that I can make to fix this behavior?