Sign in to follow this  
Guest szp

HNAC A300-600 won't rotate until hi-speed

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello fellow simmers :)Wondering if you all could throw some suggestionsadvice this way.Im enjoying flying the excellent HNAC A300-600 airplane but its exhibiting a strange problem: it wont get of the ground until the airspeed is 175+ knots.Im no airliner pilot but Im making an educated guess that that is an excessively high airspeed to wait for to rotate...? Or am I wrong?!Anyway...I tested the problem by putting in almost no fuel (2% in all tanks) and it still refused to fly until past 175 kts. Same behaviour with varying fuel loads. Flap settings are correct.Would be grateful if fellow HNAC A300-600 drivers could lend a hand!And if you are wondering - I have not fiddled with the .cfg files in any way!Thanx much :)

Guest danowat

Flaps and trim, what flap setting are you using and how much trim up are you addin before take-off?Dan.

Hi :)It could be the pitch trim, which has to be set correctly in order to take off. Adjust the pitch trim to a more positive figure and you should be able to take off. Don't apply too much, otherwise the plane will automatically rotate and "tailscrape" :-lol

Guest jennifer

Also, hope you don't have too much fuel on board?

Guest szp

to give you some reference, an a300-622r (freighter) at a mid weight of 300,000 using 15/15 has a rotation speed at sea level of 148 kts

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello all and thanks for the replies!! :)The trim!I had totally forgotten about that!http://www.nextgenerationrecords.co.uk/board/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif Probably because I have never had to use it on all the other airliners I fly on FS9.The difference being that the HNAC A300 panel is the most realistic panel that I have....and Im sure that all of you are right when you mentioned the trim. Will take that thing up later today and report back!

Nevin,Like you I don't fly much 'GA' but trim is more applicable to that flying than Big jets but it reminds you of the basics.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png