Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

DX10 and Aerosoft sceneries

Good day all.

I am wondering if Aerosoft sceneries are compatible with DX10 preview mode. I noticed that textures are missing in all Aerosoft sceneries at night or dusk time. The only airport is fine is EGLL X. That one has no problem. Also all textures look fine at day time. All default sceneries are fine. If I disable SweetFX textures are still missing. Did anybody have same issues and is there a fix for that? 

(I also posted this issues in Aerosoft forum just in case).

DX10 with or without SweetFX

Thanks for looking.

2014-09-29_135509_zps56163782.png

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

IIRC, Aerosoft has stated that DX10 is nothing but a preview (which in its out of the box version is broken) and hence for them no reason to force their contractors to develop DX10-compatible addons. If the respective developer supports DX10, it's nice (and that is obviously the case for EGLL), but if they don't it doesn't matter to AS.

And particularly for the older airports, there's a second thing to consider: Since MS has never fixed the issues with out-of-the-box DX10, hardly anyone actually used DX10 until recently, so there was no audience, hence the effort of making addons DX9 and DX10 compatible was not worth it. This has changed only with the advent of the DX10 fixer and the freeware patches, maybe two years ago.

So there's most likely no definitive answer to your question, some airports may be compatible, most will very likely have some issues. My solution to this problem is that I simply avoid flying in the dark.

If you are just trying out the DX10 Preview on it's own, Edward - then you're already getting your answer - so no - most Aerosoft airports have differing issues in the DX10 mode, depending upon the airport.

If you are trying out the DX10 Preview using Steve Parson'e free DX10 Patch v3.2.3, available here at the Avsim Library, you will get a similar result, but with most of the major inherant defects fixed, per this list:-

1) Flashing runways/taxiways fixed:
2) Yellow/white runway markings transparencyfixed:
3) Opaque chain fencesfixed:
4) Progressive Taxi markings missingfixed:
5) Missing night scenery/semi-transparent dusk scenery (often misdescribed as missing night textures)fixed:
6) Some addon cars with black headlightsfixed:
7) Softer VC shadows:
8) Eliminates false sun on VC roof and side wall:
9) ORBX FTX Global lights with black background rectangles fixed.

If you own the retail SteveFX DX10 Fixer, Edward - then yes - most, if not all of the Aerosoft airports, will be fine, along with the many benefits of using DX10 with FSX being implemented. Unfortunately, for the time being Steve has temporarily withdrawn the Fixer from sale at this time, and with no new release date yet announced - ok!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Two notable exceptions to the Aerosoft Airports are

1) Aerosoft Zurich

2) Mega Airport Dusseldorf

The later ones such as Aerosoft Bergen work fine at night ;)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Two notable exceptions to the Aerosoft Airports are

1) Aerosoft Zurich

2) Mega Airport Dusseldorf

The later ones such as Aerosoft Bergen work fine at night ;)

Thanks for the reply. Can you clarify please? So Zurich and MA Dusseldorf are fine or these two are not. 

Thx again.

If you are just trying out the DX10 Preview on it's own, Edward - then you're already getting your answer - so no - most Aerosoft airports have differing issues in the DX10 mode, depending upon the airport.

If you are trying out the DX10 Preview using Steve Parson'e free DX10 Patch v3.2.3, available here at the Avsim Library, you will get a similar result, but with most of the major inherant defects fixed, per this list:-

1) Flashing runways/taxiways fixed:

2) Yellow/white runway markings transparencyfixed:

3) Opaque chain fencesfixed:

4) Progressive Taxi markings missingfixed:

5) Missing night scenery/semi-transparent dusk scenery (often misdescribed as missing night textures)fixed:

6) Some addon cars with black headlightsfixed:

7) Softer VC shadows:

8) Eliminates false sun on VC roof and side wall:

9) ORBX FTX Global lights with black background rectangles fixed.

If you own the retail SteveFX DX10 Fixer, Edward - then yes - most, if not all of the Aerosoft airports, will be fine, along with the many benefits of using DX10 with FSX being implemented. Unfortunately, for the time being Steve has temporarily withdrawn the Fixer from sale at this time, and with no new release date yet announced - ok!

All the Best,

pj

I started using DX10 just a couple of weeks ago when I was dealing with VAS ordeal. I am using fixer patch from the library.

Using DX10 helps and so far I have not got any OOM or VAS even flying to or from troubled heavy sceneries like EGLL. FPS still pretty much the same but no VAS. I hope I won't get any. Well, but now I have to deal with night flying restriction because majority of add-on sceneries are from Aerosoft. This will never end. You fix one problem and you find another one. 

Thanks or help. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I have no issue with any Aerosoft Airports if I'm using the DX10Fixer. Just like PJ said.

My%20Signature.jpg

I have no issue with any Aerosoft Airports if I'm using the DX10Fixer. Just like PJ said.

Hmm, that's interesting. I am wondering what's wrong with my sceneries then. I found that DX10 fixer is back on market today. I have already purchased it. Will see if fix the problem. 

Thank you.

The terminal lighting in Zurich shows black in DX10 , and Dusseldorf  3d grass shows blocky, and the cargo terminal text has black background.

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Looks like all my Aerosoft sceneries are back to normal after installation DX10 fixer

Yes, I just checked the new version,the 3D grass is fixed and the cargo terminal sign is corrected now. 

Jude Bradley