Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

2.3 -> 2.4 update report

I'm sure I will.Just waiting for ASN to be compatible then I will install 2.4 as per your instructions! 

Oh geez...LOL...I sure wouldn't wait one second...for just that!   Use ORBX's number 4 weather...and have a blast, man!   It will give you great v2.4 weather, until you get ASN in a few days.  I would NOT be depriving myself of this update, merely for ASN to kick in....no way!  :blush:

Hi Jim

This is my case where i did not delete the manually modified cloud.fx file in 2.3. Now that I am patched to 2.4, can i delete the cloud.fx file and re-apply the patch over an existing 2.4 version or do i need to revert back to 2.3 before applying the patch?

Thanks!

I would check the file date/time, I'm showing the new v2.1 Clouds.fx to be Thursday, ‎September ‎18, ‎2014, ‏‎6:38:40 AM. If yours matches that (give or take a few hours for time zone differences) I think you're good to go. If you made your edits to clouds.fx prior to the 18th I think the installer would overwrite it anyway. If not, yeah that's what I did, just delete the file and reinstall the patch, no need to revert to v2.3 first.

Jim

Strange there's nothing to be found of this in the list of all the things that were done in v2.4. I thought LM would have mentioned it if they gave one of the planes an upgrade like you describe. And are you sure it is the Raptor? This is a model done by Iris, so I would suspect they would have done this upgrade. The F35 is a default LM plane.

I'll check it out once I'm finished doing my fresh install of v2.4.

My bad...it is the F35A-Lightning that comes up now as my v2.4 default aircraft, not the Raptor.  So, the mystery is solved...but why this is now my Default flight aircraft, beats me?!!?

Mitch

My bad...it is the F35A-Lightning that comes up now as my v2.4 default aircraft, not the Raptor.  So, the mystery is solved...but why this is now my Default flight aircraft, beats me?!!?

Mitch

Yep, I just finished my install and did a quick default flight to adjust my settings. That F35 has improved a lot indeed! But wasn't it always the default flight aircraft?  :huh:

Edit: never mind, I just noticed the previous default flight aircraft was indeed the Raptor, not the F35.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Tiny picture
 There is a link under that picture.  You can click through to the larger and then full screen images

IM also waiting until ASN is compatible, then will patch.
 ASN Works for me, just ignore the Error! window that pops up.  I've dragged it down to the bottom of my screen so I can only see the top of it's title bar.  It seems to pump out weather fine.

There is a link under that picture.  You can click through to the larger and then full screen images

ASN Works for me, just ignore the Error! window that pops up.  I've dragged it down to the bottom of my screen so I can only see the top of it's title bar.  It seems to pump out weather fine.

The error window comes up...states that it cannot communicate with  P3D, and then shuts the program down....BUT....I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy.  I'm using ORBX canned weather number 4 (Cold Front) until ASN responds.  I need to defrag, (haven't done that yet), but there seems to be less stutter, even in my just-installed, non defragged folder state.  GSX, ACCU-FEEL and FSUIPC all working as normal. Had to get a ADD-ON Manager update (from the download page) for GSX to work...and they have it for you....

I don't tell the Error! Message that it's OK.  Don't click "OK".  Drag it away.  It keeps running for me, and gives me weather, whether it thinks it's OK or not.

So far my greatest complaint about this version is the San Francisco Bay Area is still always foggy, or low visibility.   Every time I go to Half Moon Bay and try fly to over the mountains into the bay I can't see anything and it's no fun.  I want it to be like it was 20 years ago when I was a student pilot divebombing the liberals at Berkeley in a Katana.

Sesquashtoo and gboz, were you both on 5760?  I have a recent thread about an installer for the distortion-fixing shader.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452305-prepp3d-views-peripheral-distortion-correction/

Hi denali.

I was on Surround (6100x1200) but have since changed to a 48" 1080p TV.

I am still following your progress with great interest though.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I don't tell the Error! Message that it's OK.  Don't click "OK".  Drag it away.  It keeps running for me, and gives me weather, whether it thinks it's OK or not.

So far my greatest complaint about this version is the San Francisco Bay Area is still always foggy, or low visibility.   Every time I go to Half Moon Bay and try fly to over the mountains into the bay I can't see anything and it's no fun.  I want it to be like it was 20 years ago when I was a student pilot divebombing the liberals at Berkeley in a Katana.

So, just drag it away?  I'll try that...just finished my defrag run... :P

There are also errors with other addons. FSUIPC detects a newer than compatible Prepar3d.exe, but installs fine and seems to work fine. Also the Estonia Migration tool gives an error about an unknown Prepar3d version, but it works nonetheless.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Also the Estonia Migration tool gives an error about an unknown Prepar3d version, but it works nonetheless.

Paavo stated on his forum that it will be upgraded within 24 hours.  That was yesterday.

Ryan

Ryan

I have not installed any 3rd party software since v2.2.  All I do now is just delete P3D and do a clean install of the latest update.  Saves a ton of time and work! I will do the same on v2.4.  Rather than patch it is always best for me to do a clean install.....

Does anyone know if the cloud issue is fixed in this new version?  I  will do a clean install this afternoon and fly, do some basic set up and that's it until the next update.

Lamar

Regards

Lamar Wright

Deleted Comments.

Problem was an altered association in nVidia Inspector...explanation further down upon thread.  Not an issue with v2.4.  My settings were being bypassed...

Mitch