Sign in to follow this  
rcpistonhead

Questions about Dual Monitors for FSX?

Hello -

I am very seriously thinking about getting another monitor for my FSX rig. I have never set up or even used dual monitors before so I'm really not sure where to begin. I currently have one Samsung 27" LED monitor and if I decide to go dual I would buy another identical monitor.

How easy is it to set up in Windows 7?

How easy is it to set up a nice cockpit view with both monitors in FSX? (I would like to set up the view like this http://www.timsaviationadventures.com/Pics/iraq/setup.jpg )

Does FSX have to be used in windowed mode or can I still run in full screen?

Does using dual monitors hurt FPS / performance? (I have a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 660 OC)

I would greatly appreciate any advice and help with making my decision and set up easy :-)

Thanks!

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

..... setting up for multi monitor on WIN7 is straight forward and simply

I'm using 2 15" widscreen monitors for my instrument via TH2GO, and 1 42" Plasma TV for VC, all the time full screen mode, GTX580 and have no issues

Cheers

Yair

Thanks for the info Yair. I did try setting everything up with my 2 monitors but everything I tried just wasn't giving me the results that I wanted. So, I actually went out and got a 3rd identical monitor and used Nvidia Surround to setup my 5760x1080 resolution. In FSX all I had to do was change the resolution in the .cfg to 5760x1080 and it's working perfectly! I'm running in full screen mode and FSX is displayed on all 3 monitors. I love the new view! :-)

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Here is a quick video of my new setup that I recorded last night. Sorry about the quality, I recorded it with my phone.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485