Sign in to follow this  
CVO110

Steves DX10 Scenery Fixer is back for sale

Nice to hear that.

Quick question. I have installed patch from AVSIM library. What do I have to do now? Delete everything or just use a real fixer now?

thank you

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hello Skysurfer, I am wondering the same thing I just down bought the fixer. Best be patient and be sure we do the right steps before installing it.

I am very very happy to see it on sale again.

This is really good news!

Good to see Paul J around here too :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Great news!  Also great to see PJ is back. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nice to hear that.

Quick question. I have installed patch from AVSIM library. What do I have to do now? Delete everything or just use a real fixer now?

thank you

I have sent skysurfer some instructions I had from Paul J.

Also Skysurfer have a good read of this guides http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?88271-DX10-quot-How-to-quot-Guide-a-new-home

There a few important things to be aware off to get the best results.

Regards

Sebyh

Hello Skysurfer, I am wondering the same thing I just down bought the fixer. Best be patient and be sure we do the right steps before installing it.

I am very very happy to see it on sale again.

OK. Let's see what happens  ^_^

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

May i ask something? With this tool and Dx10 preview mode enabled in fsx settings,

will i have shadows in pmdg's (737ngx) virtual cockpit?

Thanks

Hi - I was considering trying this but wondered how easy it is to go back to DX9 in case of issues? 

Thanks!

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

At least at the Flightsim Store it is available. I got it from there.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi - I was considering trying this but wondered how easy it is to go back to DX9 in case of issues? 

Thanks!

Eric

There is a description of how to switch back in the manual DX10_fixer_23_user_manual.pdf found here under Steves DX10 fixer manual http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?88271-DX10-quot-How-to-quot-Guide-a-new-home

Cheers

At least at the Flightsim Store it is available. I got it from there.

Only via Flightsim Store.

Cheers

May i ask something? With this tool and Dx10 preview mode enabled in fsx settings,

Thanks

No this does not work with PMDG products.  The reason is that they have not turned on shadows in their VC's so the fixer cannot do anything.

This is great news......glad to see the update and see that Steve is back in business.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

What are the updates then?

If you're already a registered user, the email that was sent has the updates listed. If you're not a user yet, the updates are:

New features in V2.4

- Improved Shadow Placement  (external and internal)  less gapping between the object and the shadow

- Improved HD Shadows - now works with almost any aircraft not just jets

Danny

Thanks

Jaguar I am sure I saw posts in this forum and the Orbux DX10 forum saying that users had shadows on the PMDG 777 and the 737, Steve even describes what you have to do in one post. The fixer will not introduce shadows on the PMDG but their is info out there on how to do it after the fixer installed. It is a manual process modifing files, it may be a bit tricky and not worth the risk unless you knw what your doing(you can always back up files your messing with). I have not crossed that bridge yet but I will try. I have been doing a ton of reading through DX10 guides and forums thats how I know about it.

I need to install the DX10 fixer when I get time, I have bought it today. I have been using the freeware version.