Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Is there a way to get ai traffic to stop when it's supposed to?

Today a flight ended because a 747 decided that despite the fact that there was another aircraft (me) in the way of the runway that it was ok to go for the runway. This seems to happen most often  at intersections. If there is a line and you're in the way you don't count.  It's like FSX doesn't register your aircraft. However if there was an ai aircraft in the way it'd wait. So the solution would seem to be would be some way of fooling the AI into thinking you were an ai aircraft....

Less likely to happen if you would also run an AI separation program like AISmooth.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

FSX ATC queues up Ai traffic. If you're not in that ATC queue, doing you're own thing, or if you are on ATC but changing your speed a lot, you'll probably get run over by a 747.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Same applies on the ground, ATC holds up opposing aircraft at junctions.

But AI will constantly run you over. There is no crash avoidance system when it comes to those guys! 

I've not seen that. User aircraft and Ai aircraft form an orderly queue on the taxiway with no Ai aircraft running the user aircraft over.

Could be a problem with the airport design. One known problem with FSX Ai Traffic is found when using airports with runway taxi exit only at one end of the runway - like at LFRZ, this results in logjams on the ground and problems in the air with ATC.

AI will stop for you eventually but you will need to push.... 

What disturbs me most is that ATC always has me wait while I should get the right of way in most cases....

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

No need to insult the Zombies! :lol:

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I notice this at KSAN addon scenery when I taxi with IFR ATC clearance and aircraft landing stop after turning off of the runway and are hanging out in the taxiway where I have to slice them off at the cockpit when passing even though they are stopped and waiting.