Sign in to follow this  
Troop-1001

B737-8/900 NGX - Crashes on multiplayer

Good Afternoon,

I bought the PMDG B737-8/900 NGX and it works just fine both in single player and multiplayer.

I got my friend to buy it and it works just fine for him on the single player but the issues start when

we're trying to play together online using Direct Connect.

He can start the game and connect to the IP adress, but once he select the 737NGX and loads it, the

game gets a "Fatal Error" and crashes. We tried connecting with an FSX plane and then changing 

it in-game, but then non of the instruments work on the panel.

When I joined his Aircraft, I could use the instruments, but he couldn't.

What we have tried so far without any luck;

- Deleting the "fsx.cfg" file.

- Disconnecting all the controllers before start-up.

- Reinstalled FSX and PMDG NGX.

If there is anyone out there who have had the same problem, please, help.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

It's not supposed to work in multiplayer. Basically there is coding for those instruments that will not transmit when you consent to a peer connection. Sorry to say but you most likely are not going to get support from PMDG sorry.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Yeah, we already know that the PMDG wont help;

"We are aware of the issue and it results from our pushing the technology forward beyond what was originally envisioned

by MS- so we do not intend to remove advanced technology that 99% of our customers enjoy in order to make the product

more friendly to a multiplayer hobby utilized by very few. Sorry to disappoint." - PMDG Support

Then why does it work for me without any problems and not him?

Possible Solution;

"I've found that if you load the aircraft in multiplayer and you click any button on your mouse or keyboard while it's loading into the sim (i.e. talk in TeamSpeak, typing in another window, etc. while the loading bar is visible), you'll load the plane and it won't run its 20-second initialization routine and will show up as you described. I'm not 100% sure that's the cause but either way I notice it happens to me every now and again when I spawn in multiplayer. Close the sim (it'll probably crash when you do) and then re-start and you should be fine. If it doesn't, just keep re-starting and re-spawning until it runs the 20-second initialization routine at first run and things work properly. "  Evanet

UPDATE#02

Without the SP1, the plane loads in, but panels don't work.

With the SP1, the game crashes when plane is selected.

Suspect it might have something to do with Windows 8 and ".dll" file.

I'm having the same issue (PMDG_737NGX.DLL crash). My friend running Windows 8.1 Update 1, just as I am, can start/use the NGX in multiplayer direct connect just fine, but I can't. I've been looking for a solution for the past month or so. I bought the NGX just to fly it with my friend via Desk Pilot (http://www.desk-pilot.com/), so the issue is rather frustrating. There's got to be something that's causing it to work on some machines, but not others.

Brandon Filer