Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Procedure to Resume from Saved Flight

Unfortunately,

I remain periodically stuck with the VAS monster on this aircraft (shudder to think what is going to happen with future aircraft).  So, when the FSUIPC "ding ding ding" starts, I know I can at least save the flight and somewhat recover.

Here is the problem: the interior recovers/reloads just fine, but the exterior does not.  The center of the fans has no texture on the external model and the test flight extras (little lines that come off the tail) are showing. This is with the Lufthansa 777F, which is about all I fly (99% of the time).

I realize that even going outside is a VAS factor, but I want to look at the outside sometimes.  In any case, why do I have these model anomalies when I reload a saved flight?

I am I reloading wrong?  Should I pick the plane and THEN pick the flight?

Thanks for any illumination.

I have had that problem as well.

The thing is that it started with that and then I started getting CDTs on FSX exit as well :-(

I tried everything to fix things, but I ended up reinstalling Windows from a pre-PMDG777 backup image that had FSX already in it.

Thereafter things were ok.

So it is impossible to tell what was wrong....but something got corrupted somewhere.

Before you go through a total FSX install, or reinstall from image, I would recommend:

1) update the Operations Center.

As weird and unrelated this may sound.....it does not cost you anything other than a few minutes and it has seemed to help me stabilize things and even improve performance. (I know it technically should not help anything.....but it is worth a shot right!)

2)rather than uninstalling FSX, you can try and uninstall the PMDG777 and re-install it. (that should fix any corrupted textures).

Please reinstall with the PC not overclocked!

If that does not work, then you can try the same again but re-instal AS ADMINISTRATOR!

PS...reinstalling things should be a last effort in my opinion, so make sure you trouble shoot things first (FSX.cfg good?, DX10?, GPU driver good?, not running overclocked? etc)

PPS if you reinstall from a pre-PMDG777 image then you need to release the PMDG key first (CDU). Otherwise you can not activate the PMDG in you new/re-imaged Windows system!

A new licence key is not required for reinstalling the PMDG777 into the same OS.

Even unistalling FSX and reinstalling FSX again should not delete the key from the windows registry I think.

Rob Robson

I do not use FSUIPC autosave anymore because it fills up the PMDG CDU with tons of saved flights.

(yes you can delete them but I find it a hassle)

You can limit the number of Autosave files, and the time interval between saves, from the in-game FSUIPC menu section "AutoSaveGPSOut".

You can set FSUIPC to delete the panelstate files that show up in the panel state window of the CDU (and are saved with every autosave flight) by doing the following:

From FSUIPC Advanced Users guide p. 14:

---------------

AlsoManage, for additional files
Some add-on programs produce files when Flights are saved separately from the usual ones in the FSX flights folder, so that the AutoSave option fails to manage their numbers, deleting older ones when the FLT files are deleted. The types handled by default are FLT, WX, FSSAVE, PSS, FMC, ABL, RCD, SPB and IPCBIN. For any others, and files in other folders, you have to manually add some lines to the [AutoSave] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file. As an example, for the PMDG 747X these would be: `

AlsoManage1=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.FLT.sav
AlsoManage2=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.0.rte
AlsoManage3=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.1.rte

The path given in these lines is within the main FSX path. If you have anything installed outside the FSX path you'd need to give the complete pathname, from the drive (e.g. C:\ ...) onwards (or the computer name for a Network in the usual form, i.e. \\<name> ...).

Up to 32 “AlsoManage” lines can be given, numbered 1 to 32.

-----------------------

These entries go in the [Autosave] section of the FSUIPC.ini file.  The file is in FSX>Modules 

Here are my entries for the 777 and NGX (note there is also an entry for *.fmc files, which I believe should be included):

AlsoManage1=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.0.rte
AlsoManage2=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.1.rte
AlsoManage3=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.2.rte
AlsoManage4=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.3.rte
AlsoManage5=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.4.rte
AlsoManage6=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.fmc
AlsoManage7=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.sav
AlsoManage8=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.0.rte
AlsoManage9=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.1.rte
AlsoManage10=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.2.rte
AlsoManage11=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.3.rte
AlsoManage12=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.4.rte
AlsoManage13=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.fmc
AlsoManage14=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.sav

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

FSX save....well how about that....interesting.

I do not use FSUIPC autosave anymore because it fills up the PMDG CDU with tons of saved flights.

(yes you can delete them but I find it a hassle)

Does autosave work better in this respect?

I think you can also just edit the local time.

Set it to your local time and then it does not matter what time the default flght is at.

Yes you can overwrite local time of course but I like to start FSX with the correct UTC and local time already, not have to adjust every time. So much easier to change the default flight to your local time zone. You only have to do it once.

FSXSave does leave a ton of files around too. Deleting them manually is a pain. I wrote a batch file to delete them to make life easier.

ki9cAAb.jpg

A big thing for me guys is disabling the pre load of fsx. As soon you start the sim, it's loading in the background. Disable that and reduce it loading random stuff.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

A big thing for me guys is disabling the pre load of fsx. As soon you start the sim, it's loading in the background. Disable that and reduce it loading random stuff.

You mean Disablepreload=1?

I have asked about that about a year ago and was adviced not to use that.

So I dont.....maybe it will cause a problem somewhere down the line.....besides, does it realy help performance?

You can set FSUIPC to delete the panelstate files that show up in the panel state window of the CDU (and are saved with every autosave flight) by doing the following:

From FSUIPC Advanced Users guide p. 14:

---------------

AlsoManage, for additional files

Some add-on programs produce files when Flights are saved separately from the usual ones in the FSX flights folder, so that the AutoSave option fails to manage their numbers, deleting older ones when the FLT files are deleted. The types handled by default are FLT, WX, FSSAVE, PSS, FMC, ABL, RCD, SPB and IPCBIN. For any others, and files in other folders, you have to manually add some lines to the [AutoSave] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file. As an example, for the PMDG 747X these would be: `

AlsoManage1=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.FLT.sav

AlsoManage2=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.0.rte

AlsoManage3=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.1.rte

The path given in these lines is within the main FSX path. If you have anything installed outside the FSX path you'd need to give the complete pathname, from the drive (e.g. C:\ ...) onwards (or the computer name for a Network in the usual form, i.e. \\<name> ...).

Up to 32 “AlsoManage” lines can be given, numbered 1 to 32.

-----------------------

These entries go in the [Autosave] section of the FSUIPC.ini file.  The file is in FSX>Modules 

Here are my entries for the 777 and NGX (note there is also an entry for *.fmc files, which I believe should be included):

AlsoManage1=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.0.rte

AlsoManage2=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.1.rte

AlsoManage3=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.2.rte

AlsoManage4=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.3.rte

AlsoManage5=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.4.rte

AlsoManage6=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.fmc

AlsoManage7=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.sav

AlsoManage8=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.0.rte

AlsoManage9=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.1.rte

AlsoManage10=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.2.rte

AlsoManage11=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.3.rte

AlsoManage12=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.4.rte

AlsoManage13=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.fmc

AlsoManage14=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.sav

Mike

wow good info!

I have said so many times that Autosave is a horror because of all those saved flights.......never has someone told me they can be auto deleted.

I do not think many people now about this.

Thx a lot Mike, I will give that a try.

Rob Robson

You mean Disablepreload=1?

I have asked about that about a year ago and was adviced not to use that.

So I dont.....maybe it will cause a problem somewhere down the line.....besides, does it realy help performance?

[...]

I think it helps hugely, and plus it loads FSX quicker

Alex Ridge

I have said so many times that Autosave is a horror because of all those saved flights.......never has someone told me they can be auto deleted.

This feature is only described in detail in the Advanced User guide.

In the example I gave above it's important to include the ...FLT.fmc option, even though it is missing from the FSUIPC instructions.  I don't own the PMDG 747 for FSX so I don't know if this is an omission in the instructions or the 747 didn't have that file.

Also, I included many ...Flt.[NUMBER].rte files for both aircraft.  But I think you won't see more than two, labelled 0 & 1.  I put in the extras just to be on the safe side - if the file doesn't exist nothing will happen.   But if you are close to using up the 32 file limit, you probably don't need more than 0 & 1.

Although this has nothing to do with Autosave, for users of FS-Recorder, here is how to get it to load the panel state along with the flight that FS-Recorder saves at the beginning of the recording (when set to do so):

http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=887

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I think it helps hugely, and plus it loads FSX quicker

No it doesn't, I tried using that DisablePreload=1 line in my fsx.cfg and it causes the sim to load a lot slower than it does without it.

I assure you mate, it does. ;)

(It stops FSX loading the default flight)

ALex 

Alex Ridge