Sign in to follow this  
rene_1st

PMDG 777 Pirated

Now this....this really ###### me off:

This guy here publicly admits that he has a pirated copy of the PMDG 777:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGpD6L44nMg

Have a look at the comments section. I am virtual_aviator

And just in case this moron grows a brain and removes the posts...here a print-screen:

PMDG777Pirated_zpsbb4b5cb9.png

Usually I do not use such foul language in the forums, so please excuse my "######-off-ness".

Best regards,

Rene

Technically, he does not admit anything.

Also the PFD indication was something that several people reported, because of a stuck TCAS or something.

Of course it COULD be pirated, but it's not conclusive evidence IMHO.

Technically, he does not admit anything.

Also the PFD indication was something that several people reported, because of a stuck TCAS or something.

Of course it COULD be pirated, but it's not conclusive evidence IMHO.

well chk his further reply that he just made, by going to the youtube website...that is evidence enough!

Copyright protection seems to work here. I doubt it's fun to be flying around with a non-functional PFD. What's your concern?

Copyright protection seems to work here. I doubt it's fun to be flying around with a non-functional PFD. What's your concern?

No concern personally as I am not PMDG. I just feel this guy should be contacted by PMDG. What he is doing is, in its simplest form - fraud.

ohhh and not only is be using a pirated copy of the 777, but also the 737. I wonder what else he has in his hanger.

The most that can happen is youtube will remove the video if they are contacted by PMDG directly and informed its an illegal version of their proprietary software. I know the OP intentions were honest but your only generating views on the offenders channel which is counter productive.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I'm really not sure what you're hoping to achieve by pointing this out. Piracy is EVERYWHERE. There is nothing you, or PMDG can do except their best to make their products difficult to crack (I've heard the 777 was notoriously difficult for the pirating community compared to their previous products, so good progress). 

Regardless, people will always find a way. What difference does it make pointing this guy out, besides his stupidity for making his actions obvious? The most he'll get is his channel removed. What about the millions of other people who will continue unhindered?

It's a losing battle and I'm sure PMDG don't have the money or the time to persue it much like every other company. Drawing attention to it only worsens the problem. 

you only creating publicity for them!

Couldn't agree more! 

I'm really not sure what you're hoping to achieve by pointing this out. Piracy is EVERYWHERE. There is nothing you, or PMDG can do except their best to make their products difficult to crack (I've heard the 777 was notoriously difficult for the pirating community compared to their previous products, so good progress). 

Regardless, people will always find a way. What difference does it make pointing this guy out, besides his stupidity for making his actions obvious? The most he'll get is his channel removed. What about the millions of other people who will continue unhindered?

It's a losing battle and I'm sure PMDG don't have the money or the time to persue it much like every other company. Drawing attention to it only worsens the problem.

Again couldn't agree more. I can't understand why one should make a post like this one. Like DeCampos said, the only thing this leads to is more pirates searching and downloading the 777X.

sig1.png
sig2.png

Completely agree... The fact that OP seems to be mortified that someone uploaded a pirated T7 copy also seems a bit extreme.

Honestly, it's everywhere and every bit of payware software around likely has users that crack the software and illegally distribute it. - Just the nature of the internet and the greed of humanity.

Drawing attention to it only worsens the problem. 

This^

It violates ToS for YouTube so report the issue.  The sad reality is that 60% of the population that use Software pirate software - why?  Because it's so easy to do -- prosecution is easy (IP address and data packets can always be traced to and from a source, if they couldn't then this entire "internet" thing wouldn't work at all).  However, I would certainly report to YouTube and PMDG regardless of what may or may not come from it as the statistical numbers add up it will force YouTube into a situation where they must enforce their ToS.

I do know that if enough people report enough ToS violations that YouTube can confirm, the violator(s) will be closed/banned.  If PMDG are aware they would have more influence as they are the commercial owners of the product and YouTube would be legally obligated to respond.

Giving up on fighting the piracy battle is the worst thing anyone who cares about the future of software could do ... apathy solves nothing.  The more the average person makes it a point to report violations, the harder it will be to make piracy "easy" for those without moralistic integrity (aka thieves).

Cheers, Rob.

Agree with you all, it is a shame, and I am sure it is painful for developers to see their work shared for free. Look at what happened to the music industry, now musicians have to earn their living touring, forget making money selling records (I play drums in a band and can relate)

Anyways, yup not much point showing that here, it's all over youtube, all we can do is report it....

and keep on supporting beloved FS devs...

John.

Can't believe this is really a topic. 

Agreed, and I disagree with Rob, although usually I don't.

There's another way to look at this - if you're stupid enough to fly a world-class add-on like the T7 and broadcast your piracy on the internet, then you're an idiot for all the world to see and deserve anything you might receive.

However:

If you download a pirated copy to just check it out, and then either hate it and remove it or remove it and buy the full working version, then I think the pirated software, though illegal, has done a good thing and prevented an unhappy customer or made a sale.