Sign in to follow this  
frieone

blurrie textures in v2.4

Not such a parameter in P3D v2.x!! That's only a FSX thing.

Spirit

Understand. I just mentioned it in case someone was trying to use it and were seeing anomalies. IMHO, it's really not good for FSX either!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Looking at the screenshots, I'd certainly suggest you folks post this issue up in the P3D support forums.

Don't have the issue personally, but maybe the devs can suggest something...

I posted here because you have a better chance of finding an answer. As the devs. Have the best of computers and never see the problems.so there answer is all ways that we don't have that problem.

Regards TED kiser

The only tweak I use is the old Fibertimefraction =.15 it allowed me to get an extra 4-5FPS with out any negative effects. I don't use AM teaks though as 2.3 uses all my cores/threads in its stock config. I staying on 2.3 for awhile as it works fine and there are no real benefits of going to 2.4.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I staying on 2.3 for awhile as it works fine and there are no real benefits of going to 2.4.

What will you do when v2.5 comes? You can't patch, only a full installation will be possible.

Spirit

What will you do when v2.5 comes? You can't patch, only a full installation will be possible.

Spirit

If its beniftis warrant it I'll just do a clean install of 2.5 (I think they work better anyway) and if its benefits don't then I'll just stay with 2.3 as I'm very happy with it.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

How does one "Go Back" to v2.3 ??? I dont care what anyone says, I get god dam blurries in 2.4 I'll admitt I got it a lot better by maxing scenery centre out and also increasing the vegetation and buildings to very dense but it still aint sharp. And I have an AMD 6 core prosessor with a GTX750Ti graphics card. My main question is how do I "Go Back" to v2.3 from v2.4 ? can anyone tell me?

How does one "Go Back" to v2.3 ??? I dont care what anyone says, I get god dam blurries in 2.4 I'll admitt I got it a lot better by maxing scenery centre out and also increasing the vegetation and buildings to very dense but it still aint sharp. And I have an AMD 6 core prosessor with a GTX750Ti graphics card. My main question is how do I "Go Back" to v2.3 from v2.4 ? can anyone tell me?

You have to uninstall v2.4 and then run your full v2.3 installer.  That is the only way...and then of course, start adding in all the other over-head you have.

I know...that was NOT what you wanted to read....but...it's the only way....

On my system the trick in v2.4 was to always use the first physical core (windows core).

If I try different affinity settings without the first core I always get blurries.

It’s a shame actually, because the best affinity setting for me (higher fps and smoothness) is 84 but it won’t use the first core (windows core) and that makes the sim blur as hell.

Regards,

AK

PS: BTW I have an Intel i7 4770k @ 4Ghz my Corsair H80i broke so I am currently with the stock cooler.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

To anyone that has ANY kind of not-less-than-crystal-clear graphics.

Your solution?

DSR....and you will never again be plauged by anything that looks like crap....

There will be no need to use nVidia Inspector, any tweaks...or twacks...

Just set up DSR to what you like...and you are FINISHED!   Really....just fly an approach that will blow you away....in the realism of the graphics below you....

In fact...you'll wonder if someone had slipped a Craig computer into your box...while you were not looking.....

Most of all of you, with 600 series cards, after seeing this...will most likely put a series upgrade on the back burner...or if at all....

To anyone that has ANY kind of not-less-than-crystal-clear graphics.

Your solution?

DSR....and you will never again be plauged by anything that looks like crap....

There will be no need to use nVidia Inspector, any tweaks...or twacks...

Just set up DSR to what you like...and you are FINISHED!   Really....just fly an approach that will blow you away....in the realism of the graphics below you....

In fact...you'll wonder if someone had slipped a Craig computer into your box...while you were not looking.....

Most of all of you, with 600 series cards, after seeing this...will most likely put a series upgrade on the back burner...or if at all....

Not that simple to tune IMHO especially if you are with several addons like me. But it's definitely a must have "tool", I have been using it since it was available with the moded mobile driver.

Regards,

AK

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

Not that simple to tune IMHO especially if you are with several addons like me. But it's definitely a must have "tool", I have been using it since it was available with the moded mobile driver.

Regards,

AK

Get P3D to come up in Window Mode...then after you set up your add-ons...fire up into DSR. That works for me.  I then don't mess around with the window mode, until the end of the flight session.